Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

She sniffed, whimpered, cried on his chest. All along she was hugging him tight, scared. Frightened that he will leave and another disaster will come along. The car was silent yet it was filled with sadness. Filled with different emotion and tears. Xinlong slowly patted Gloria's head. He put his chin on her head and rubbed her shoulders. She was still scared and she wasn't caring about his identity anymore. She just needed someone to comfort her. She was feeling dirty. The way Jia Hanyu touched her was very inappropriate. She was always cherished in her family. Her father always protected her. Her skin never came in contact with an unknown man's dirty touch.
Xinlong was well aware of her innocence. He knows how fragile she is.

When they arrived back to the mansion Gloria was already in deep sleep. Xinlong glanced at her sleepy face once. He smiled and took her in his arms. She fitted perfectly in his lap. As if God planned it all and designed it himself. They were a couple made in heaven. They were fated to be together.

With the sound of the car arriving, all the maids came in line and stood at the hallway. When the door opened and they saw Xinlong with Gloria in his arms, Ms. Zoya asked panicky "W-What's wrong with her? Is she okay?" Xinlong looked at her and answered "Yes, she is fine. She just fell asleep in the car." He said calmly then proceeded to take her to his bedroom. He won't tell anyone about it yet. Because he knows she will embarrassed. And he didn't wanted Ms. Zoya to worry as she was already worried for her security.

After he reached the bedroom, he slowly placed her on the bed and pulled the duvet on her body. It was winter time, and he didn't notice that she was wearing a sleeveless dress. It must be cold for her. She should change soon. "Can you change her clothes to something comfortable? I don't want her to sleep in this." Xinlong said to one of the maids. "Yeah sure, Let me call Ms. Zoya, she knows what to change her into." The maid replied. "Don't call Ms. Zoya! Just get some hoodies from my closet and put it on her." He said. The maid simply replied with a "Ok" and went to Xinlong's closet.  After looking at her for one last time he left the room. He took one of his hoodies and changed in a blue pajama.
He went straight to downstairs. He made his way to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. He went to the balcony of the reading room. He sat down in front of the sliding door with a deep sigh and looked at the sky.

The sky was clean and silent. There was an ocean of endless stars and the area was frosty moonlit. His surroundings were totally silent. He could hear the sound of his heartbeats. It was crying, his heart was crying. Infinite wave of wind slowly brushed through his body. He felt the emptiness living in his heart once again. The cries were soundless but filled with sorrow. A tear slowly escaped his eyes, he whimpered. "Why?" He whispered. "Why?" He whispered again. "Why can't you remember me? Why can't you remember us? Do l look so unrecognizable or you just don't want to remember me? You were and you are the only source of light for me. I only needed you in my broken life." He gushed. He loved her Since they met. He still remembers the first time he saw her at the park. Wearing a beautiful pink frock with a cute ponytail, playing on swing with a chocolate in her hand. Her happy and cheerful smile made a place in his heart since then. He sighed and gulped down the entire water bottle at one go. He looked at the night sky once again before burying his face in his hand crying his eyes out.

"You woke up?" Ms. Zoya asks Gloria after she woke up and yawned. She stretched her hands out threw her body on the bed again. "I don't feel so good." Gloria whined. "Oh! Why honey? Are you okay?" Ms. Zoya asked. Gloria doesn't want to tell her about the incident. It's embarrassing for her and also she doesn't want to make a fuss about it. She would hate the fact to get reminded of that moment over and over again. "I-I am just tired." She replied. Ms. Zoya came towards the bed and took a seat on the bed. Ms. Zoya looked at her then said "I knew it, l knew that you would grow up to be such a beautiful girl like this." "Huh?" Gloria asks confused. "What do you mean?" She questions.

"I wish you remembered your NaNa and LongLong! But Xinlong is still sad with the fact that you don't remember him." Ms. Zoya says it all at one go not realizing that she spilled a big truth in front of her. Gloria slowly got up and looked at her confused yet shocked. 'Is she telling the truth?' Gloria thought. Ms. Zoya slaps her palm on her mouth with widened eyes. She looks at Gloria terrified. "D-Don't tell me t-that Guy is L-LongLong." Gloria asks almost breathless. Ms. Zoya looks at her with tearful eyes. "N-No!" Gloria whispers

-----

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU STILL CAN'T HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MY DAUGHTER?" The man in white shirt screamed. "Honey calm down." A woman beside him tried calm him down. He was shouting at a police officer over the phone. They were Gloria's parents. For 4 straight says their daughter was missing. The high ranked cop Gong Yu was stressed. He was trying his best, and using his skills trying to find his daughter. The hardest moment for a parent is to not see their child for a few moments. Gloria was their only daughter and she was missing for so many days. Her mother was starving and wasn't able to eat anything. She worries if her daughter's even gets a bite to eat. How can she eat if her daughter is hungry? Gong Yu was trying to find her anyhow, but it seems like she was vanished in the air. She suddenly disappeared. There was no trace found of her.

So everyone assumed either she ran away or a smooth criminal kidnapped her and sold her to slavery. She was beautiful and young. Who wouldn't kidnap someone like that? Gong Yu and Jeon Mi Seon were struggling.

"Honey calm down! It's fine.. We will find her!" She tried to comfort him. "Where is she? She is my only daughter! I-I failed as a father. I failed to protect her." He said and cried. "What if it's He Jianhai?" She asked. Gong Yu snapped his head towards her. That's right, He Jianhai was his biggest rival. And after Gong Yu proclaimed his actions Jianhai was thursty for revenge. 'It can be him' he thought. "I'll dig through the land to find him if he is the one who kidnapped my daughter." Gong Yu said with the fire of anger burning in his eyes.

Authornim - Halo babies, thank you for reading the chapter. Sorry for the short chapter! I know this chapter isn't that good. I didn't had time today guys.. I'll make sure to give you guys more long and better chapters next time.