Chapter 16

"It's fine. There's no need to prepare breakfast for us."

"Hmm," I grunted as I heard Yi Eun's voice beside me, waking me up from my light nap. I opened my eyes ever so slightly.

Something feels different.

I took a few more minutes to get adjusted to my surroundings.

I was on the plane yeap.

Yi Eun is beside me yeap.

I'm sleeping on Yi Eun's shoulder, not yeaps.

What happened? How did I go from the neck pillow to Yi Eun's shoulder? I moved my head slightly and immediately felt Yi Eun's hair stroking my head.

"There's still one more hour before we land, get more sleep." He whispered to me. I gave a slight nod before falling back into slumber.

———————————————————————————
"Hae Ri, time to wake up," I felt Yi Eun running his fingers through my hair. This was different then before. Usually he would simply be shaking me up.

"Uhmm," I groaned, insisting to keep my eyes shut.

"Hae Ri," Yi Eun called out again but I simply ignored him.

"Mr and Mrs Park, we are ready to alight," My eyes suddenly opened and I felt my cheeks blushing.

Oh yeah, we aren't back at home.

That was a little embarrassing.

Yi Eun seemed to have noticed my embarrassment because he definitely gave me an evil grin. I pouted and shot him a glare but nonetheless switched to an angelic smile as I took my bag and faced the air stewardess.

"Thank you so much for your service," I greeted her with a smile.

"It was my pleasure Mrs Park, enjoy your stay in Singapore." She replied.

It was not until now then I realised how I had been addressed as Mrs Park this entire flight. The reality of my married life suddenly sank in. It has always just felt like play pretend the last few months with Yi Eun. Only until now did it feel so real.

I kind of like it if I am being honest.

"Are you done?" I whined at Yi Eun.

"Yes. Thank you for your service Grace." Yi Eun shot the air stewardess a smile and took my hand, guiding me down the alley.

"Grace?" I asked him.

"She's the regular staff for my flights." He replied. I pursed my lips, is he secretly a player?

But nonetheless, my heart started to beat faster ever so slightly as I noticed how he had grabbed my hands so casually. His hands felt so soft, warm and yet strong and secure.

After we passed customs, there was a middle aged uncle holding a banner with "Mr and Mrs Park. Welcome to Singapore!" waiting for us.

Yi Eun pushed the luggage to his side.

"You must be Mr and Mrs Park. Good morning to the both of you. Welcome to Singapore, my name is Josh and I'll be your chauffeur during your time here in Singapore." He greeted us and I gave Yi Eun another confused look. Josh took over the trolley from Yi Eun and started to push it while guiding us to the car.

"My parents probably arranged it. They probably want us to go in with a grand entrance." He rolled his eyes as he answered me. I was shook. I mean, my family is well off but I usually really do not enjoy these luxurious ways of life.

Yi Eun grabbed my hand again and I looked at him puzzled. We usually tend to avoid any forms of skinship unless it is necessary.

"I wouldn't want you to get lost right?" He answered my questioning look. I decided to go along with what he said and enjoy the warmth of his palms. It has been quite a cold ride and the airport's air conditioning was so cold as well. Yi Eun's palm radiated so much heat that it felt so nice holding on to his hands.

We boarded Josh's car while Josh was helping us with our luggage. Yi Eun still haven't let go out my hands, instead he started rubbing them together with his hands and breathed a gush of hot air into them. My heart started to beat faster. It was a really simple gesture but I felt so warm, not just my hands but my heart as well.

"Are you feeling very cold?" He asked and I nodded my head. He removed his arms from mine and I frowned ever so slightly. He then took out the blanket from before and wrapped it around me. He also put his arm around me, engulfing me into his embrace. My heart speed up even faster. Both of us didn't say anything and Josh boarded the car before driving us to our destination.

I took a deep breath on Yi Eun's chest while my head was resting on it. He smelt so good. I closed my eyes tight, hoping that he wouldn't notice what I was doing. I took in all of his scent and hope that it can be engrained in my memory. If only time could freeze at this moment.

———————————————————————————
Yi Eun

After I had finish prepping my travel essentials while flying for both Hae Ri and I, I took out the book I kept in my bag and started to read it.

Two pages in and I started to hear a familiar snore beside me. I put my book down and looked at her. My lips formed a slight grin as I looked at her peaceful sleeping face.

I don't know why but just looking at her warms my heart.

I suddenly had the urge for her to lie down on my shoulder and be in my embrace.

Knowing how deep of a sleeper she is, I carefully took off her neck pillow and rested her head on my shoulder. She gave another snort while I was doing this. I gave out a soft cackle. She just looks so cute when she's sleeping.

Note to self, neck pillows are no longer part of my flying essentials.