Chapter 3

"I really should have arrived a few days earlier

"I really should have arrived a few days earlier." I complained for upteem times today. Just after I woke up, I started unpacking my luggages and I realized how impossible of a task it was to accomplish.

"Just how did the unni manage to pack of my stuff in one day?" I questioned as I marveled my helper's skills. She was really talented. I started to miss her now.

"Your phone is fully charged already Hae Ri." Yi Eun called out to me and I dashed towards it enthusiastically. I was pretty much addicted to my phone and in my lethargic condition, I had forgotten to charge it before I went to bed yesterday. I switched it on and waited patiently for it to start up. While tapping my finger on my phone, I looked up and focused my attention on Yi Eun. He was still looking through some papers.

"Shouldn't you get some sleep?" I asked him but he simply shook his head," I slept for 2 hours just now. I need to finish this thesis before today. My adviser wants to view it tomorrow."

My mouth formed a 'o' shape as I diverted my attention back to my phone. My eyes widened as I realized the amount of notifications I have on my phone.

137 messages and 85 missed calls. I opened them.

Hae Ri. Why aren't you calling back?

Hae Ri. Did Yi Eun arrive?

Why aren't you picking up the phone?

Hae Ri? Are you alright?

I was in hot soup. They were all from my parents. I simply texted them and had forgotten to give them a call after I had arrived in Miri. I bit my lip and cursed myself under my breath as I dialed my mom's number.

"Outgoing calls have been barred. Please reload your number." I let out an exasperated sigh as I ended the call. I really hate prepaid numbers.

"Yi Eun. Can you lend me your phone?" I asked and Yi Eun took his phone and raised it up to me. I quickly made my way over and grabbed it over.

"Passcode?" I asked.

"0904." He answered and I quickly unlocked his phone. I was greeted by a really cute wallpaper of a dog.

"Cute wallpaper." I commented while clicking into the phone icon. I dialed my mom's number by memory and waited patiently for her to pick up.

"Yobosayo?" My mom's picked up after a few rings.

"Hey omma. It's me Hae Ri." I answered.

"Go Hae Ri. Will it kill you to pick up the phone?" My mom shouted and I put the phone slightly away to keep the volume bearable.

"I'm so sorry mum. My phone battery went dead and I was too tired yesterday with the flights and all the transits. I'm really sorry for worrying you." I apologized and I could hear my mom starting to sob.