Chapter 2

I cried for the longest time ever, releasing all the suppressed stress I had been keeping in

I cried for the longest time ever, releasing all the suppressed stress I had been keeping in. It was really frighting being alone at such an abandoned place with terrible to minimal lighting. The lights were yellow, making it look more dark. Thoughts of being raped and kidnapped ran through my mind as I waited for him.

When I finally stopped the tears, I looked up and glared at him with my puffy eyes.

"Yah! Why were you so late?" I yelled at Yi Eun.

"You didn't reply me." He gave me a deadpanned look. I glared at him," Then you couldn't have come earlier?"

"I was busy doing my research." He said and I growled," Doesn't give you the reason to leave me here so late."

"Who knows if you will arrive at 1am or 2am?" He reasoned and I gave him a deadpanned look. Was he even serious?

I shook my head and grabbed my luggage, making my way away from him.

"Where are you going?" Yi Eun said and grabbed my luggage and took it from me.

"I don't know. You guide me then." I grumbled slowly under my breath as I walked behind him. I suddenly felt awkward. It was pretty impolite of me to yell at him at our second meeting. It wasn't like he was obliged to come fetch me. I mean, we were just acquainted with each other for 3 weeks.

We walked over to his car and he opened the trunk and put all of my luggages in. I passed him the ones I have on my hands to him  as well. After he closed the trunk, he walked over to the driver seat while I hesitantly got into the passenger's. I preferred sitting there as compared to the back.

He reeved up the engine and starting driving out from the car park. I looked out of the windows while he drove. It was a pleasant silence. As I glanced over the city lights, a question came up to my mind. He texted me?

"What did I not reply you?" I broke the silence and looked at him.

"My text." He replied and I raised an eyebrow.

"What text? I don't remember receiving any text from you." I answered and he picked up his  phone and started scrolling through it," There."

I looked at it and immediately gave myself an internal face palm.

"Yah! Isn't it normal courtesy to send your name with the text if you are texting that person for the first time? And what's with 'Here?' ? Who do you expect to understand what you are saying?"
I burst and suddenly my cheeks went red. This had been so rude of me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just- I don't know." I mumbled and looked out, unable to face him. He didn't say anything but continued driving. The silence was getting awkward.

"So, I'm Go Hae Ri. I'm 19 this year and if you noticed, we signed the papers a few weeks before and so you are legally my husband." I started muttering to break the silence.