Chapter 6

It was the time of all those never-ending speeches again

It was the time of all those never-ending speeches again. And I had thought that yesterday's programme was not that good. Oh god please, today was worst.

I wasn't the one for speeches and at the rate that the lecturer in front had been talking, I doubt that we will be able to end early. Why couldn't he just got to the point and skim off all the unnecessary details? I mean, who would save the emergency numbers of the university? Okay, maybe it is important but I am not going to save them in my phone anyways. No no. I don't care.

Another reason why I was bored is because I didn't know anyone that was sitting near me. Like seriously. Everyone had their own group of friends and I just feel so isolated. I let out a sigh and started playing on my phone. It was going to run out of battery soon. I regretted not giving it a full charge the night before.

After getting bored of my usual app routine-Facebook,Instagram,Snapchat and Facebook, I locked my phone and folded my arms in. I crossed my legs and tried my best to be as focused as I could.

"Moodle is the platform-" I let out a yawn as a few tears slipped out from my eyes. I put my head on my palm and let out an exasperated sigh. They were now teaching us how to access the site that was designated to be the platform that we were supposed to use for our learning experience which I had successfully figured out a few days after I had been enrolled into Curtin. I leaned back into the chair and glanced at the clock. It was just 11am. I cannot believe that I have to go through 6 more hours of this torture.

I suddenly felt a vibration on my lap. I took out my phone and unlocked it.

-Do you want to go to MCD for ice cream?

I felt a smile forming on my face as I looked at this message. Yi Eun is such a life saver. But I wonder why he wasn't here giving a speech. Jeremy now replaced the lecturer that had been talking for 1 hour now. I typed a quick reply as I got out swiftly from my chair and walked out from the hall. Sorry Jeremy.

I really should have done this earlier. As long as I got out from the hall, I felt the heat hit me. Yi Eun picked such a perfect time to get ice cream. I knotted my hair into a bun as I tried to remember the way to his car. Don't judge but I am just that little directionless.

After a few turns, I finally found Yi Eun's car. I skipped happily to open the door of the passenger's seat but then I realized that someone was in there already. Yi Eun was patting her back slowly.

I went to the back seat and opened the door slowly and could hear the sobbing sounds that was covered by the car before. I slid into the seat silently. It was Athena that was crying. I wondered what happened to here. Yi Eun acknowledged my presence with a nod as he retracted his hand and started to release the handbrake.

"I don't think he geninuely likes me. He's doing this just because it's his parents' wishes. Just because I am the daughter of Sinz Zen Company." Athena cried with a hoarse voice. I wonder how long had she been crying.