Chapter 12

I almost thought that I had misheard what he said, because his actions for the next few days definately did not show his 'worry' for me

In fact, I was treated as if I were invisible. Like air. He didn't talk directly to me in the morning, even in class or at home.

The only redeeming point was that he remembered to feed me. At least I was subjected to good food.

It wasn't like his actions bothered me. It just raised eyebrows on how contradicting he could be. Well, I guess boys are complicated.

And I realize that I might have done something wrong on my part so this was why I had woke up so early today to make breakfast for him, as a way to make up for my 'mistake'. I mean food was always the best way to reconcile right?

Yi Eun was afterall the only person I could completely trust on and rely on here. And to be frank, I liked his presence. I liked relying on him. He made me feel secure in this unknown place.

And his hugs were comforting. I could still vividly remember how warm the hug that night was. The effect his breath down my neck and his nose nozzling on the nape of my neck has on me. It bought back shivers as I recalled it.

I felt a burning sensation on my cheek as I bit my lip. What was I thinking?

I shook my head as I began to make my way to the kitchen. I hope Yi Eun wouldn't wake up in the midst of me cooking breakfast. He had been busy the past few nights doing his research and had not slept more than 2 hours a day. Poor Yi Eun.

Today was a Saturday, so I guess he was going to sleep in. But at this time, I'm guessing he had only slept for 3 hours now.

I took in a breath as I comtemplated over what to cook. I was a bad cook, the worst. But today I was going to test my skills for Yi Eun. He better be glad.

I decided on French toast with a fruit salad. It was the most basic one and I probably will have a lower chance on screwing it up.

I began by preparing for the toast first. I  took out 6 eggs and started cracking it.

I bit my lip as I stole a glance over at Yi Eun while opening the eyes. Thankfully, he was not awaken by the noise. After all the eggs were opened, I began to beat them up, turning them into a smooth batter before adding around 3 huge scoops of sugar into it and mixed them well.

"This should be sweet enough right?" I muttered to myself as I grabbed the loaf of bread. I cut one piece into four pieces and soon, there were a lot of them. I hope this was enough for the two of us. I was famished already looking at all this.

While heating up the pan,I looked into the refrigerator for fruits. There were still some kiwi, bananas and oranges left. I took them out and began to peel them open.

I heard the sizzle of the pan and it was finally ready. I took out a few pieces of butter and melted it along the pan before putting a few pieces of bread dipped with the batter onto it.