Chapter 9: The Power Of Forgiveness

CHAPTER 9: THE POWER OF FORGIVENESS

"This cannot be happening!" George exclaimed.

"Sam can't be dead. Maybe it's Sam's look alike or a dinosaur transformed into Sam but Sam Anderson, my cousin, simply cannot be dead!" George said doubtfully.

"Get real!" Saurian roared.

"Huh?" the boys were surprised by Saurian's language.

"Even chosen ones can die on their mission" Saurian said.

"He's right" Ophiacodon agreed.

John stared closely at Sam.

"What do you see John?" George asked.

John paused for a moment before saying.

"Nothing, I see nothing" he sighed hopelessly.

"You have to accept that Sam is dead" Ophiacodon said thoughtfully.

John looked at Ophiacodon, then at Saurian, George, then at Sam. Suddenly, a feeling of anger began to grip him.

"No!" he shouted. "I will not accept that!" he said angrily. "Sam will be back" he said a little calmly. "I know he will" John sighed.

"How can you possibly know?" Ophiacodon asked.

"Because..." John paused. "I know Sam will never give up, not when innocent lives are at stake. Not when Jane's life is at stake" John concluded.

"Not when Jane's life is at stake" T-Rexus said tauntingly. "How I would love to get my hands on his bratty little neck!" he said angrily.

"I hope John is right" Nancy said very sadly.

Suddenly, something miraculous began to occur. The Obsidian Rock showed the image of Sam's lifeless body and that's where the miracle began. Sam's cheeks began to turn rosy, slowly, the colour began to spread over Sam's body. T-Rexus hadn't noticed yet for he was still gloating about his evil plans. Jane had her face in her palms crying when she noticed. She quickly wiped her tears to be certain they were not making her see things.

"Sam?" she said excitedly.

"Huh?" Lucy and Nancy quickly turned to look at the Obsidian Sphere.

T-Rexus turned to look at the sphere too.

"IMPOSSIBLE!" he exclaimed.

John looked closely at Sam. He was sure he saw the rosy colour on Sam's body for the colour had disappeared.

"Fight it Sam! Fight it!" he encouraged.

"What's happening?" Saurian asked.

"Impossible!" Ophiacodon exclaimed in shock.

"What?!" Saurian asked patiently.

"The boy is still resisting the beam" Ophiacodon said.

"Are you saying..." Saurian was beginning to say but he was interrupted by Ophiacodon.

"Yes! The boy is still alive!" Ophiacodon exclaimed excitedly.

T-Rexus wanted to see what was happening in Sam's mind. The Obsidian once again showed an image down Sam's ear canal into his head, down to his cerebrum. There was darkness for brief period and then a faint white light came over the obsidian sphere. An image of Sam appeared. Jane was behind him and three boys were running away. Jane recalled the day Sam saved her from the bullies. In the Obsidian, Jane was hugging Sam. She gave him a peck on the cheek. At that moment, the white light light grew stronger and Sam was lying down in school. John arrived and so did Jane. Jane gave him another peck on the cheek and he awakened. Then another image appeared, Sam told Jane the truth and she slapped and insulted him. A faint red colour joined the white light. The next image was at the beach where Sam was begging for a chance. Jane insulted him once more and denied everything she felt for him. There were other images that showed Sam's pain.

"Let's see what's going on in his heart shall we?" T-Rexus said trying to conceal him amazement.

The images moved further and further away till Sam's brain was clearly visible. Part of it was glowing white, the other half red. Down Sam's spine, around his rib cages, the white light and red light moved fast and then headed straight for his broken heart. The beams hit the separate portions of his heart and a strange mysterious transformation began to take place. The outline of the halves of Sam's heart began to change till they both formed separate Sams! One Sam was cloaked in white light with golden hair flowing to his shoulders. The other looked like regular old Sam except he was cloaked in red light and had a fierce expression on his face.

"You can't defeat me Sam, you can't fight it..." the evil Sam said. "Surrender!" the evil Sam commanded.

"No, I won't, I will never surrender" said the real Sam.

"Come on, look at all the pain she has caused you. Don't give in to your weakness. It is through this weakness that you will fail" evil Sam said.

Sam, the real Sam seemed to think for a moment. The evil Sam noticed that Sam was weakening.

"You were very honest with her, you didn't deserve the way she treated you and she didn't deserve you, I know how you feel..." evil Sam began to say.

"You don't! You don't know how I felt!" Sam was getting weaker as evil Sam grew stronger.

"Trust me, I do" evil Sam said. "She betrayed you Sam. You told her the truth and she betrayed you. Join forces with me and we will make her pay for all the pain".

Jane turned away crying.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"Don't listen to him Sam!" Lucy screamed.

"Fight him!" Nancy shouted.

Sam thought for a while.

"Yes, she must pay for all the pain" he said as he approached evil Sam.

"Take my hand" evil Sam commanded as he stretched forth his hand. "Remember, you can't forgive her, you hate her" evil Sam commanded as his eyes gleamed sinisterly.

Sam took evil Sam's hand as though he was in deep though, then he looked evil Sam straight in his fiery eyes and said

"No".

"What did you say?" evil Sam asked not sure he had heard correctly.

"I said no. I don't hate her. I love her more and more each passing second. I forgive her" Sam said as he lowered his head for a few seconds and then he lifted his gaze and looked evil Sam in the eyes.

Anger began to build within Sam's true heart.

"IT IS YOU! YOU HATE HER!" Sam said discharging bolts of electricity through evil Sam.

"AAAH!" evil Sam screamed.

There was an explosion and a weird vibration as Sam and evil Sam fused together to form Sam's heart which was now whole.

On the outside, Sam began to glow bright white. A strange unforeseen force lifted Sam from the ground. Sam was levitating horizontally for some time as the white light surrounding him grew stronger and brighter. Sam was lifted into an erect position and set on the ground. The sword of Edaphrogon began to rise from the ground. It settled in Sam's hand. Sam held it with both hands and there was a flash as Sam's balance of power came together to form a new DNA strand and the Revilexus believe it or not became a part of his balance of power. That part of his DNA twisted around till it was glowing bright white.