Chapter 19: A Paupersaurs Tale

CHAPTER 19: A PAUPERSAURS TALE

"Long, long ago, when the Earth was still young and peaceful and evil was not known to the Earth, we the Dinosaurs were the rulers of the Earth. We were young and happy. The Earth was beautiful and we dinosaurs were ruled by our powerful and benevolent king Tyrannosaurus Rexus" Trix narrated.

"Excuse me?" Sam interrupted. "Tyrannosaurus Rexus as in T-Rexus?" Sam asked, not sure he heard right.

"Yes, exactly" Trix said.

"Then don't you mean malevolent? I thought I heard you say benevolent king Tyrannosaurus Rexus" Sam said quite puzzled.

"You heard right boy" Trix said impatiently.

Sam looked around. Trix, Saurian, Ophiacodon, John, George, Lucy and Nancy were glaring at him. Jane tried to smile sympathetically but she couldn't.

"Sorry" Sam said.

"If you can't believe my story, then I will show you" Trix said and touched his heart.

His chest began to glow a bright white and the light was channeled through his body upwards and into the Sky and there it formed a Whirlpool which spun wildly and then it exploded dispersing the light all around them and they all had to shield their eyes. The light cleared and they opened their eyes.

"Wow, it's so beautiful" Lucy said.

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like this" Nancy agreed.

"This is so beautiful. I wonder if there's a place like this in our dimension" Jane said very amazed at the beauty of the place.

"Tell me we are dead and in paradise, right Sam?" George asked.

A sly thought crossed Sam's mind. He wanted to get back at George for the mean jokes George had said to him.

"Yeah, I think we're dead" Sam said in a serious tone while pretending to be analyzing the place.

Lucy and Jane gulped.

"You really think..." Lucy began.

"...that we're dead?" Jane gulped fearful of leaving the world of the living without her father knowing.

Nancy shook her head gently and smiled. She knew what Sam was up to, she could feel it.

"No joke?" Lucy asked hopeful for the first time that Sam was joking.

"No joke" Sam said while trying to suppress a laugh after seeing the frightened expressions on their faces. "Wanna bet?" Sam stretched out a hand to George.

"Yeah Sam" George said putting his hand into Sam's.

Immediately his hand entered Sam's, the expression on Sam's face changed from seriousness into a sly smile. Sam gripped George's hand tight. George realized his mistake but it was too late.

"Uh oh!" he turned to look at the girls wide eyed then Sam zapped him with a light current of electricity.

"If we were dead, would you..." Sam was saying.

"Cut it out!" George screamed in pain.

"...feel this?" Sam said accompanying each word with a zap while George pleaded with him to stop.

"Okay enough!" Saurian roared and got between the two boys separating them.

The girls could not stop laughing at Sam's prank.

"For a moment back there I thought he was serious" Jane said.

"I knew he was joking" Nancy said.