Chapter 15: In Deep Trouble

CHAPTER 15: IN DEEP TROUBLE

Meanwhile, John and George had arrived on top of the Twin Mountains with their split forces.

"Steady, steady" John whispered to his army on the West Twin Mountain.

"Wait till they are all in the Valley" George commanded from the East Twin Mountain.

"Steady" John said as T-Rexus' Army marched into the Valley below.

"Ready" George said.

"NOW!" both boys commanded when the dinosaurs were completely in the Valley.

Rocks rained on their enemies below. Dust flew about as the Dinosaurs ran helter skelter in total confusion. Now nothing could be seen below, in the Valley. And when the dust settled, nothing could be seen of the Dinosaurs but the rocks covering the bottom of the Valley.

"This was just too easy" George said.

"Now we've got to get to Sam, quick!" John said.

Suddenly, there was another sound in the Valley and it was growing louder.

"Stop!" John commanded. "I heard something".

"I can hear it too. It's coming from the Valley!" George said.

They peered into the Valley and Oh horror of horrors! The Dinosaurs were pushing the rocks aside and coming up out of them.

"No!" John said.

"I guess it's time to go to Plan B huh?" George said.

"How exactly does Plan B go again huh?" John asked nervously.

"I'll attack first, you'll be my reinforcements" George answered.

"No! Wait!" Ophiacodon called.

"What?!" both boys asked.

"Look!" Ophiacodon pointed to the Night Sky.

"WHAT ON EARTH?!" both boys exclaimed for they saw what Ophiacodon was looking at.

The constellation was glowing red as blood and a portion of the sky was that colour. The two last stars were slowly moving in to form the mouth.

"THERE'S NO TIME! WE NEED TO WARN SAM!" Ophiacodon roared.

"Sam, wherever you are, the plan isn't working" George thought to himself.

"What?" Sam said as he suddenly looked around.

"What is it?" Anne asked.

"I thought I heard something" Sam said.

"Maybe it was your imagination" Anne said.

"I guess you're right. Let's get out of here" Sam said.

"Sam, wherever you are, we are in real trouble" George thought nervously.

"George?"" Sam wondered. "George? Is that you? Did you just hear that voice?" Sam asked Anne.

"No" Anne said in confusion.

"Sam?" George called in astonishment. "Where are you? I can't see you" George asked in puzzlement.

"I'm here in the Dinosaur Caves" Sam answered. "But isn't that where you are? Aren't you in this Cave? Where else do you think I am?"

"No Sam, I'm not in the Caves. I was just leaving the Twin Mountains to come and warn you. I can't believe you can actually hear me from this distance. Besides, I'm not even speaking these words, I'm thinking them" George answered in amazement.