Chapter 22: Duty

CHAPTER 22: DUTY

"SAAAM!!!" the Andersons, Jane, two Dragons and a Dinosaur called.

"Hahaha! I hope he enjoyed it. Finally, with my deadliest foe out of my way, the world is mine!" T-Rexus gloated.

"That was my elder brother you monster!" Lucy screamed.

"Sam, I can't believe you are truly gone" Jane wept.

"You'll get over it" T-Texus taunted.

"Now you've done it! Now you've made me mad! And when I'm mad, things get ugly!" John threatened.

"You mad?! Ha! I might as well ride a donkey" T-Rexus taunted.

"Too bad you said that Tarantella 'cause now, it's going to be easier to call them in" John said.

"Who John?" Nancy asked.

"Backup" John answered plainly.

"John, there are no more dragons left for a counterattack. All of them are present here" Saurian said.

"Who said anything about dragons?" John said.

"Huh?" Lucy, Nancy and the others said in confusion.

"We've put all out faith in Gon, now it's time to trust Earth" John said. "Sons and daughters of the earth, from ancient days past till now, an evil has arisen from among you, threatening your livelihood, persecuting your children and enslaving you. From a distant world came a great race fascinated by your harmony, enlightened by your peaceful co-existence. A race that risked its existence to restore peace and for three thousand years, you lived in harmony. Once again, the evil has arisen and we have stood against it. Now our great leader and friend has fallen to protect you. Will you keep on hiding or will you arise and fight for your existence?!" John shouted.

Suddenly there was a rush of a great wind and millions of voices hit John.

"We will fight in you! We will fight in you! In you we will reveal ourselves!" the voices said.

Suddenly, green, blue and golden lights from all over hit John and caused him to levitate. On his breastplate, the markings of an eagle, a lion and a shark appeared. A blue cloak with golden markings grew from his shoulders and flowed to the ground. Golden coloured boots and a green helmet appeared along with golden gloves and the cloak split into two and became three dimensional wings. Then a gleaming sword with weird markings appeared at his side and then the transformation was complete.

John landed smoothly on the ground and looked at himself puzzled.

"Wow! This is amazing! What am I?! A Power Ranger?!" he said in enthusiasm.

"Aside from the angelic looking wings, you pretty much are" George said.

Then suddenly, George felt as though he were filled with the Spirit and called out;

"Living beings from far and wide;

There is no time now for you to hide,

Creatures scattered across the Universe

Rise and fight,

for once the evil takes hold of Earth

There will be no hope any longer

Therefore unite, let us fight to keep our freedom!"

Suddenly, there was a huge explosion in the Sky and bright white lights shot down from the sky and began to circle around George and with the white lights, voices said;

"In you we put our trust. Into your hands we entrust our fate; and in you we will fight!"

Then George was slowly lifted off the ground and his armour was transformed into one similar to John's, a cloak grew out of his shoulders and a spiral galaxy insignia appeared on his breastplate surrounded by golden stars. Slowly, a belt appeared and on the buckle of the belt were three holes shaped like stars and these holes gradually filled with three stars. The transformation was complete and George was gently placed on the ground.

He admired the belt and the three stars.

"This is super cool! I will call these Star Shurikens!" he exclaimed.

"Nice speech guys but what of the rest of us. What do we say?" Lucy asked.

"How about..." George started.

"...the power of four?" John said as he examined his suit.

"Oh, the power of Unity huh? I never thought I'd say this but you guys are geniuses" Lucy said.

"I totally agree" Nancy said.

"Uh oh! No way am I giving this up!" John exclaimed.

"Who said anything about giving this up? I'm talking about making a few modifications" George said.

"Now you're talking!" John exclaimed.

Meanwhile T-Rexus was watching them with sly amusement. He laughed aloud and said

"Your flower of bore isn't going to help you!"

"First of all, it's the power of four and secondly, what are you going to do about it Mrs I don't have a material body so I had to steal a Dinosaur's!" John taunted.

T-Rexus lifted his arms to the constellation.

"This is not going to be good" George said.

The constellation began to glow evil red and began to materialize. Then it conjured up the shadows of the dark realm and made a body out of them and then it gave a loud roar that shook the two halves of the Earth and then leapt down from the skies with great speed. It landed like a meteorite causing a crater to appear on the ground. Dark smoke seemed to be emitted from its body. It was far gigantic than any of the Dinosaurs. The bright stars that were on its forehead and nostril had disappeared.

Lucy glared at John.

"You had to ask!" she growled angrily.