Chapter 29: More Discoveries

CHAPTER 29: MORE DISCOVERIES

TWO DAYS LATER...

"You've got some explaining to do Mom, Dad. How can I be a Neutral?" Sam asked.

Sam's parents looked uncomfortable.

"And who told you that?" Sam's mother asked.

"That's not the point. Stop hiding these things from me. I'm old enough to know the truth" Sam said.

"Lily, I think he deserves to know the truth now" Sam's father said.

Sam's mother still felt uneasy.

"Dad, Mom, you guys are both Guardians Of Light right?" Sam asked eagerly.

"Yes we are" Sam's mother replied. "At least your Dad is totally. I am officially" she said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam asked.

Mrs Anderson hesitated for a while, then she spoke.

"I wasn't always a Guardian of the Light. In fact, my side of the family are all Darkcrawlers" she said.

"WHAT?!" Sam and Lucy exclaimed.

George, John and Nancy just stared in disbelief.

"Back then, your father was the most powerful Guardian Of Light and repeatedly interfered with our plans and so I was sent to kill him" Mrs Anderson said.

"WHAT?! YOU...KILL DAD?!" Sam mumbled in shock.

"But he saved me and I fell in love with him. Our families were against our relationship. We got married, time passed and we had twins, you and Daniel" Mrs Anderson said.

"So that's the name of my brother" Sam thought.

"So what happened to Daniel?" Sam asked.

At this question, tears began to flow down Mrs Anderson's face.

"One fateful night, I rocked the both of you to sleep but as I prepared to sleep, I felt a familiar...darkness. It was your Aunt Ursula, my sister. She had been sent by Darkcrawlers to kidnap you both for they knew that you were Neutrals and as Neutrals you had limitless power and so they wanted you both. We fought to protect you but then more Darkcrawlers appeared so we did the only thing we could to keep the world and you safe. We separated you for we knew of the Neutral Gryphon and what it could do" Mrs Anderson said.

"We're sorry Sam, we miss your brother too but...this is for the best" Mr Anderson said.

Sam was suddenly filled with rage.

"For the best?! Hiding my brother's existence. Not just my brother, my twin's existence from me...was for the best?!" Sam burst out.

Then he left the house and shut the door behind him. He ran with no destination in mind. He just kept running until he reached the school compound and then he hid in a place no one else aside from he and Jane knew of, in their secret place.

Meanwhile, in her house, Jane was thinking things over. The weird dream, the incident at the beach, Sam knowing about a dream she hadn't told him of. It didn't make any sense but Jane knew that the only explanation was that it wasn't just a dream.

"How can I face him? He's probably mad at me" Jane thought.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of her father's car and ran down the stairs to meet him.

"Hey, how were things for you today dear?" Mr Powers asked.

"Okay, as usual, I guess" Jane replied. "Dad, can I ask you something?" Jane asked.