Chapter 27: The Princes Of Dinogon

CHAPTER 27: THE PRINCES OF DINOGON

Immediately Dark Gryphon was defeated, the Sky cleared and the waves settled. The Dark Ring Of Clouds became a Ring Of Rainbows. Sam landed gently on the ground. Everyone looked at him seeking an explanation and that is where John stepped in and like Jane thought, John began to lie to save Sam's skin and the lies John did tell.

"Let me explain" John began. "That was our generation's turn to participate in Mortal Kombat. This guy here..." John pointed to Sam. "...represented Earth and that evil guy you all just saw was Shao Khan's son Xhiao Khan" John was saying.

"Quit lying already!" George scolded.

Sam and the others, with Jane still on Ephragon's back, took to the skies again.

"Where are you going?" the people asked.

"We've got some unfinished business to attend to" Sam replied.

"Will we ever see you again?" they asked.

"We're always around" Sam said.

The people began to applaud their newfound heroes.

"See you around!" Sam said and they disappeared into the Ring Of Rainbows.

There was a bright light and the next thing the Andersons saw was a beautiful world vibrant with colours. The two halves of the Earth in that dimension were once again unified and instead of a pool of red hot lava, there was a beautiful ocean. Sam noticed that the dinosaurs were much more numerous than before. It took some time for him to realize that the dinosaurs whose souls had been imprisoned in the lava had risen and were among the dinosaurs who had been corrupted initially. The dinosaurs were no longer extinct. All the dead and injured Pterogons had risen too. Sam and the others landed gently on the ground and all the dragons and dinosaurs present did something very funny to honour them.

The Dinosaurs and Dragons sat on the floor and shouted

"EEE!" then they jumped up and shouted "OWW!"

"What are they doing?" Lucy asked puzzled.

John began to smile slyly then he whispered so that Saurian couldn't hear.

"It's an ancient Dragon greeting, their way of showing respect" John said.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's reply!" Lucy said.

John's evil plan was working.

"Oh, only human females are allowed to perform this greeting. You only have to sit on the ground long enough" John said.

At that, Sam and George burst out laughing.

"What's wrong?" the girls asked.

"Nothing" they replied.

Then the girls sat on the ground the Dinosaurs and Dragons were performing their supposed 'ancient greeting' and John began the countdown.

"Five" John said.

"Four" Sam said.

"Three" George said.

"Two" John said.

"One" Sam said.

"Zero!" the three boys shouted.

"What is wrong with...?!" Lucy was saying and then "EEE-OWW!" the three girls screamed and jumped into the air.

"Now you understand why it's an artful John-like greeting!" John taunted and the boys gave one another high fives.

"That was a mean trick!" Nancy scolded them.