Chapter 31: The Terra Call

CHAPTER 31: THE TERRA CALL

"I missed her. I promised to be there but I didn't keep my promise" Sam squeezed his fists tighter. "She must think I'm a monster" Sam said.

"Don't worry Sam, I'm sure she thinks you're as bad as Dark Gryphon" George said.

"And which part of this is supposed to make me feel better?!" Sam roared breathing a jet of fire from his mouth.

George had to jump out of the way.

"Why do I always almost become barbecue whenever you're in a rage?!" George asked.

"It's because you have ridiculous ideas" Sam said.

"Suddenly, I'm feeling scared. What if I never see Jane again?" Sam asked.

"Ha! I could help you find her" John said.

"How?!" Sam asked.

John looked intently at Sam.

"I'm not going to tell you" John said plainly.

"What?!" the others exclaimed.

"WHY NOT?!" Sam questioned in anger.

"Sam, if we're going to do this, we'll need to use our powers" John said.

"I can wear my armour and make myself invisible" Sam suggested. "It's a foolproof plan".

"Actually...it's not" John said.

"You're beginning to sound a lot like Sam when he's all high and mighty" George said.

"Wha..?! I act high and mighty?" Sam tried to argue. "Okay, you got me there, what's wrong with the 'armour plan'?" Sam asked.

"So you think the armour plan is foolproof. Let me ask you, where are the armour, the sword and the shield?" John asked.

"The Armour turned into my Golden Dragon Suit and the sword and shield sort of became accessories. Actually, the shield disappeared. It must have become part of the suit" Sam said thoughtfully.

"Uh huh...and where is your suit exactly?" John asked.

Then Sam realized what John was getting at. Their costumes had vanished after they returned from Dinogon.

"I see" Sam said plainly.

George looked at Sam. Sam looked dispirited.

"Hey Sam, I know you think my ideas are ridiculous but what about the book?" George asked.

"Which one? Bedtime stories or the Big Bad Red Book Of Light and Shadow?" Sam said glumly.

"I mean the Big Bad...hey, how come you get to name it" George said.

"Anyways, what I'm saying is that if the book can tell us of Supernatural Disasters before they happen, maybe it can tell us about our powers and with more info, something might help us find her" George said.

"That's actually a very good idea, the best you've come up with for ages" Sam said.

"Hey! It's not my fault you're such a clueless guy when it comes to your girlfriend" George said and punched Sam in the chest.

He quickly withdrew his fist and yelled

"Ow! How come your pendant is the only thing that didn't vanish? Besides, I've began to realize that my powers are slowly diminishing" George said.

"You too? My light wasn't as strong as it was supposed to be when I zapped you" Lucy said.

"What?! Were you trying to kill us?!" George yelled at Lucy.