Chapter 23

I turn away so I don't see that so does Newt and Frypan but the rest of them just watch it unfold. A door then opens and a hot wave of air flows towards us.
"What now?" Minho questions.
"Well she said we were important" Newt says.
We start to walk out until we hear a familiar voice behind us.

"No"
We turn to see Gally standing there holding the robotic part of the griever's heart. His face pained and eyes dark. Something isn't right.

"Gally?" I say approaching him slowly but Minho grabs my arm and shakes his head. Thomas was doing the same but Teresa stops him and points out that Gally's been stung.

Gally has Ava Paige's gun in hand and has it pointed at the group. Thomas raises his hands in an attempt to clam Gally.
"Gally it's ok we made it" he says "We're free".
Gally scoffs "Free?, you really think we're free out there".

"Gally please" I say but he doesn't seem to hear me because he's to focused on Thomas and now has the gun just point straight at Thomas.

"Gally it's ok, you can come with us" Thomas says trying to calm himself as well as Gally.
"No" Gally states with cold eyes "I belong to the maze, we all do"

The gun is fired and Minho lands a spear into Gally's chest. Gally gasps and falls to his knees then to the ground. I look around for everyone else's reaction and the only one that seems to match mine is Fry's. With watering eyes we meet each other's gaze but everyone else's attention is one something else.