Chapter 26

The food hall is big with tables and benches filled with kids that are around our age that I don't recognise. We find a table to seat all of us with two other kids at the table that we don't know. They tell us that these are all the kids that where in different mazes and made it out.

Thomas walks through the entrance and Minho goes to great him and bring him back to our table.

"How long have you been here?" Newt asks one of the boys. "Only 3 days" the boy says back "But that kid over there has been the longest, almost a week" he says pointing to a boy sitting all by himself. "He was put in a maze with all girls" the other boy comments. "Some guys just have all the luck aye" the boy answers back to his friend.

"Ok everyone time to go to your bunkers" Janson called out from the front of the hall.

The boys and I make our way to our bunker but when we get there two guards are standing outside. "No girls in this bunker" the guard says. "What!" I say "That's not fair these guys are the only people I know" I start to shout.

"It really doesn't bother us if she stays" Newt says trying to keep this conversation civil. "It's a problem" says the guard. "It really isn't" I say. "She stayed in the same room as us in the maze, I don't see why she can't stay with us now" Minho is shouting too.

Janson is now storming down the corridor "What is all this noise about!?" He shouts. "This girl won't go to her correct bunker" the guard says coldly. Janson looks at me "Come on Y/n you will see the guys tomorrow". "But-" I try to protest but I'm now being dragged down the hall.