Chapter 80

Once Newt, Thomas, Gally and I are all in WCKD uniforms. We all walk through the tunnel back to the inner city, apart from Jorge he is going back to the right arm bass to get the WCKD drone.

We walk through the security and no alarms are triggered which is a relief. We decide to take the stairs to level three. There isn't anyone in the stair well so we can override the security system without any threat.

Newt takes off his helmet and coughs frantically. His skin is more pale than usual and his eyes are sunken and darker than they should be. The way he looks reminds me of the way Ben did before we banished him.

"Newt are you ok?" I ask.
"Yea, yea fine let's just get Minho and get out of here" Newt say brushing me off and putting his helmet back on.

We go to level three and take out the four guards on that level. Newt, Thomas and I open the cells letting all the kids out hoping to see Minho step out but we don't. Meanwhile Gally is taking out a chainsaw to open the vault that holds all of the blue serum believed to be the cure.

"Where is he?" Thomas asks Teresa.
"I don't understand he should be here" she says then she makes her way over to the computer. She hits a couple buttons on the screen and then she says "Someone's moved him to the medical centre", "That's half way across the building", "Thomas you won't make it" she says.
"Yes he will" I say.

Thomas and Newt look to Gally. Gally rolls his eyes "You guys go, I'll get the serum and meet you out the back" he shouts. The boys then look at me "Go get him, bring him back to me", "I will help Gally get the kids back to Brenda safely" I say to them and then they run off down a corridor with Teresa in between them.