Chapter 69

The outer city is crowded with people, very angry people. We park the car away from the crowd and start to track our way through the crowd.

A car cuts through the crowd with people wearing gas masks and holding guns sitting on the top of the car. One of the guys has a microphone and is saying things through it but the words come out all muffled. One of the guys is eyeing down our group he looks long and hard at Thomas. Then he meets my eyes and immediately looks away.

Thomas walks through the crowd with fast strides. We all struggle to catch up. Thomas is now at the front of the crowd. The crowd is yelling angry words up and over the walls.

Jorge calls out to Thomas "All of these people are trying to get in Thomas do you think your going to find a way they can't". Then sirens go off and sirens are never a good sign. Big guns that sit on top of the wall turn on and start shooting at the crowd. People fly everywhere and screaming comes from every direction. We all turn and run.

I turn the corner and run straight into one of the guys that was on top of the car. He picks me up and sits me in the back a truck. A couple minutes later Newt is thrown into the truck as well. We sit in the back of the dark truck as the car winds through unfamiliar roads.