Chapter 38

"What is going on with them?" Aris asks me. "If I'm being honest I have no idea" I say. Aris goes to say something else but is cut off by a loud gun shot. We both turn around and hope to see that everyone is ok, which thankfully everybody is.

Thomas and Teresa come bolting back to the group. "What's going on?" Thomas asks. "I don't know, he just woke up and grabbed the gun and then" Fry is panicking while he explains to us.

"Please, please" Winston says "It's growing" he says lifting his shirt to show us his wounds are infected with a virus that is spreading up his body. Winston try's to say something else but turns over to throw up a mix of black and red blood. "Please don't let me turn into" he pauses "One of those Things" he says with disgust.

The group all shares worried and scared glances. Newt grabs the gun and hands it to Winston. "Thank you" Winston says softly with a smile. "Go" he continues "I don't want you guys to see it" he says.

I can feel the tears rolling down my face. "Winston" I say softly. He looks at me "It's going to be ok, thank you for trying" he says. I nod at him and turn to walk off with the others.

"Thomas" he says. Thomas stops and turns to look at his friend for the last time. "Take care of them for me" Winston asks. "Of course" Thomas says and then walks off with the rest of us.

We all walk separately along a tall sand dune when we here a single *bang* in the distance.