Chapter 85

Thomas looks at me and then at Minho. "Minho run ahead and get the serum we will meet you half way" he says. Minho nods "I will see you soon, ok" he says to me before he goes to run off. "Wait Minho I'll cover you" Gally says getting up from behind the bench as well.

Minho and Gally run off out of sight. Thomas and I make our way over to Newt. "Come on we're going to give it everything we got ok" Thomas says to Newt but Newt doesn't respond he just stares off into the distance. "Newt?" I say looking at him with worry. "Newt!" Thomas shakes him.

Newt looks back at us. "Come on we gotta go" Thomas says to him. "Wait" Newt says while trying to pull his necklace off. "Take it" he says holding it out to Thomas. Thomas ignores him and just tries to pull Newt up off the floor.
"TAKE IT!" Newt shouts at him. "Please Tommy please" Newt says with a soft tone in his voice again.

Thomas takes the necklace in his hand then we both help Newt up. We stager through the battle between the outer city people and the WCKD guards. We are both dragging Newt who can barely walk, through a part of the city that is calm and the shots are just a background noise.

Newt falls to the ground. "No Newt come on where almost there" I say trying to pull him back up. "Thomas?" Teresa's voice comes over the speakers. "No not now bitch" I shout back as if she could here me.