Chapter 95

Teresa and I help Thomas to the roof because the bottom of the building is being swallowed by fire. Thomas has lost a lot of blood and he is barely conscious. My arm stings as the smoke touches it but all the blood has dried now.

Buildings crumble around us and the city is being over run by fire. People still shooting each other on the streets. Just as all hope seems lost the WCKD drone arrives with Jorge at the wheel. The ramp opens to reveal Minho, Fry, Brenda, Gally and Vince waiting there to help us up into the drone.

"Teresa" I call "Help me lift Thomas into the drone". We walk to the edge of the building but the drone isn't close enough. "You need to get closer" Teresa says to them. We both lift Thomas into the drone and then the building starts to shake.

I look to Teresa. "We need to jump ok" I say. I step back to get a run up then I run towards the drone and jump off the building. I grab the end of the ramp and Minho pulls me into the drone.

"Thanks" I say.
"I told you not to die so I'm not going to let you fall to your death am I" he smiles at me.

I look back at the WCKD building and Teresa is still standing on it. "Come on Teresa!" I call out. But it's to late. She takes one last look at us all then the building crumbles beneath her. Soon we can't see her and she is lost in a cloud of smoke and dust.