Chapter 5 p2 - Charlie

"I enrolled for all schools!" Laughs Jake, who gets slapped by Nolan.

"We know that." I'm trying to interact, but I'm still pissed off at Walker's comment, jerk. I don't understand why I'm so bothered, normally something like that would never hurt me.

  The boys laugh and continue to bully Jake. Who punches a few boys back. My eyes slide back to Jay, a smile plays on her face, a smile that reaching her eyes.

  This is all new to her, I noticed that from the beginning and even though I'm not really attracted to newbies most of the time, something about her intrigues me. She is different from the rest and despite looking insecure she must have a piece of self confidence, how else would you explain her shorter hair style? She does rock it.

Her green eyes really stand out. I stare at her light brown hair again, it's not blonde, but it's not as brown as my hair either. Would it smell nice? Wait what? Did I really think that? Man, it must have been a really long day.

  Who am I kidding? She is cute and small, a head shorter than me, I catch myself looking at her hands. I wonder what it would feel like if they were in mine. I shake my head and look up again. See Tyler look at me, he grins when he looks from Jay to me and then raises his eyebrows.

  I roll my eyes and look away, trying to think about something else, but all I think about for the past 2 weeks is her.

"Where are you from?" Tyler's question comes out of nowhere, cuts through everyone's laughter.

  My eyes roll to Jay. "Seattle," she says, that big smile disappears from her face.

  "My mom-" She falls silent, stares at the floor. "My parents are from there." It must be difficult, I don't know what it feels like to be confronted with it all the time. Tyler does this on purpose, I can tell from his dirty smile. I suddenly get the urge to protect her, she doesn't deserve this.

  "I grew up in Seattle." She still tries to sound cheerful when she responds to the other questions, but she seems a bit sad. I keep looking at her, she's worried about it, I can see that in everything, the trembling hands, her left leg that keeps going up and down, she keeps looking at the floor. Fucking jerk.

  "And what did your mother think about that?" Tyler insists, he plays innocent, as if he only has 2 brain cells.

  Jay looks down, I hear her gasp, her hands clenching into fists.

  "Enough Tyler," I bark at him, everyone is quiet, staring surprised or furious at Tyler. Including me, if looks could kill he was already lowering into a hole in the ground. The world had lost another asshole.

  He looks at me and winks. "But I'd just like to know why she went crazy out of —"

  "Tyler, I said enough." I sit up and push my chin forward. My body vibrates the anger I feel inside. "Don't challenge me." I'm already throwing insults at him in my head. That this filthy typhoid just a word about -

"Oh what then? You give me a black eye, you and I both know you can't." I get to my feet, my hands clench into fists next to my body. That little fucking shit.

  "We'll find out soon enough." I send him knives with my eyes, he laughs about it before he send them back.

  He rises just like me, pushes his chest forward, which, by the way, he doesn't really have. "Indeed."

  "Guys, guys." Jake jumps between us, he puts a hand on my chest to push me back.

  I throw his hand away, take a step towards Tyler, forcing Jake to follow. "Get out of the way, Jake, I don't want to hurt you," I say, my teeth clenched. I don't even feel the pain in my hands, even though I almost crush them.