Chapter 16 - Jay

Charlie is not herself, she's not been herself for a week already. After what happened in the hospital, she's different. She's jumpy. I notices that she has panic attacks even at school. I see her leave the baseball field, knowing she has an attack. I shouldn't have said those things to her. But I'm so tired of her closing off on me. Of her shutting me out. 

Everyone knows that something is up with her. But she blows everyone of and when she does that she's herself for some time again. Towards me, her walls are almost all down. She's so different when she's with me. She's so vulnerable, so soft. Especially after she told me she loves me. 

We spent almost every night together, that's mostly because she doesn't sleep when I'm not there. I noticed the first day we spend separated. She looked like she hadn't slept. And I heard her and her mother talking. Camilla is worried about her. 

I just want her to trust me, 'cause then I can trust her. So I will take her to my mom today and I haven't told her yet. I hope when she sees my mom she knows that it's okay. That she can tell me. She doesn't have to hide herself from me. 

I smile when she looks at me from the other side of the hallway. She has to do a science project with some girl, I already see from this distance that the girl is flirting with her. But Charlie doesn't give a shit. She keeps looking at me, asking for help with her eyes. 

Grinning I close my locker and look at Jake who was talking to me. "So her parents were very mad." He sighs. "Her dad yelled at me, it was horrible." 

"I told you not to sneak into her house, you said it yourself, her dad doesn't like you." Jake groans. 

"I know, I just want a change to proof that I love her." He pouts. 

"Awww, Jake." A wrap my arm around his shoulders. "Than maybe you should stop banging her while her parents are home." 

"Shut the fuck up, you're not helping." He pushes me off him. Laughing I walk in front of him. I ignore some looks. I can't help it and look at Charlie again. 

"I think she needs our help." Jake says when we see how the girl almost throws herself at Charlie. "Look at Charlie's face." I almost burst out laughing when I see the disgust on her face. "God, she hates this." 

Laughing we walk up to her, I see how she sighs in relief. "Training?" She asks straight away. The girl, named Olivia turns her head to us and rolls her eyes. 

"Nah, but coach want to talk to us, so I hope we won't get killed." Jake winks at Olivia, making her roll her eyes again. 

I chuckle. "You... will get killed, dork, you missed like 5 workouts and 1 game." He hold up his middle finger. 

"It's not my fault that I'm bad and that my girlfriend is just amazing." Both Charlie and I gag. She playfully pushes me. 

"We don't want to hear how she sucked -" Jake pushes Charlie, making her laugh and stumble over her own feet. "I'm joking!" In a feint she turns, locking Jake in her arms. 

"Let go of me!" They hit some lockers and that's the point that Charlie let go of Jake. "I hate you sometimes." Charlie chuckles. 

We hear the bell, shit, we are running late. Again. "Guys, we have to hurry." We all look at the clock. 

"Shit." Charlie pushes some papers in Olivia's hands and grabs her bag out of her locker. "We have to run." She grins when she sees my face. "Olivia, send me a message about the assignment, decide what you wanna do and I do my part." She doesn't even look at Olivia. 

"Let's go." I drag Jake along. We run through the school halls, almost running some freshmen's over. 

"Out of our way!" Jake yells. "Look out."