Chapter 13 - Jay

"Water." Keith throws his bag in the grass and starts running, throws his shirt off in his way and then dives into the water. Soon Andrew and Jake are running after him.

  "Whoever is last is a loser."

  "You already are," I hear Andrew shout before disappearing into the water. I shake my head with a grin and throw my bag on the floor. I look over my shoulder. Charlie is still standing by the car, lifting a cooler of the tailgate. I turn back with a grin and spread out the rug where we all have to sit on. I press the music box on and connect Jake's phone, it's a good thing I know his password.

  Two arms are thrown around me from behind, my gaze shoots straight to the boys.

  "Charlie we can't do this here."

  "Baby..." I gasp. "Are you coming with us to swim?" When she nips at my ear I shiver. I can't manage to say no.

  "Fine." Charlie lets go of me, with a grin she pulls her shirt over her head. I drink her in, god she is beautiful. She knows I'm looking at her.

  "If you keep staring like this, I don't know if we're going to swim." I turn my head away with a giggle. That's new too, since I've been with Charlie, I giggle and I think it's awful.

  "Maybe I don't want to swim either," I tease back.

  She bites her lip. "Jay, don't give me any ideas." I grin and pull my shirt over my head. I hear her sigh and turn to her. "The boys are already watching." I try to hide my grin when I look at the water. They are still in a romping position, but have now turned more into statues.

  "Suckers," I say as I put my clothes in my bag. "They don't realize I'm already taken." Charlie grins at those words.

"You're mine." Those words make me very hot. I'm hers. We look at each other, desire in our eyes. "I'm serious" Jay. "  

"I know."

  "Ey, hurry up!" I hear Andrew scream. Charlie rolls her eyes.

  "Run unless you want to be thrown in the water." I look at her. "I'm serious," she grins.

"Screw you." I throw a bottle of water at her and sprint to the water. "Help!" I can hear the boys laughing and Charlie running after me. "Go away!" Now Charlie is laughing too.

  "Run faster, Jay!" Jake walks up to protect me. "Run!"

"Help!" My feet hit the water, yes, come on.

  "Too late," I hear Charlie say, before her arms wrap around me from behind and we both sink into the water. I just breathe in some air before I go down. She still holds me underwater, only when we come up are her hands back to herself.

  "Asshole." I push her back, causing her to submerge again. I can just hear her chuckle.

  "That's what you get when you miss training." Andrew teases.

"Yeah nice." I sink into the water until my chin touches the water, the water is nice and cool.

  "I'm going to get the ball, so we can play a game of water volleyball." Jake travels out of the water and runs to shore. I chuckle.

  "It could be me, but I've never seen that boy run that fast." Keith and Andrew laugh. 

  "That is really true."

"Oh yeah." I hear Charlie say behind me. I already know what time it is. She puts her hands on my shoulders.

"Charlie!"

  "What?" When I want to turn to her, she puts pressure and I go under. I knew it.

  She smiles when she sees my withering look. "That was your death wish." She doesn't wait seconds and shoots off. "You're dead, Charlie Davis!"