Chapter 31 - Jay

She still loves me, I... I healed her? I... My fist hits the lockers and I break down. No, Amelia said that this was her way to manipulate me. She had to know that I stood there, so she said those things. But why did she looked so shocked and surprised to see me?

She was sorry, she felt bad that I heard that. God and I saw so much love in her eyes, love for me. No! I shake my head and pace back and forth trough the locker room.

I can't let her in my head again, I was over that point, I knew how I had to work passed that. How to push her away.

But fuck, this hurts. Crying I slide down the wall, I just have to cry it out and get my mind of things. The hurt will go away. At some point.

"Jay?" I hear Amelia on the other side of the door, but I can't say anything, I can't do anything. I'm in the middle of a mental break down. I can't do this anymore.

I feel hands on my shoulders and look up. Amelia is in front of, she wipes the tears from my cheeks. "Breath." She sits in front of me and doesn't let go off my face. "Just in and out like we practiced."

She's probably here because Jake told her and for the first time I just want to be alone. I don't want her calming and reassuring words, I just want nothing, compleet silence.

And then there is another bang on the door. Amelia and I both look at the door, surprised. "Jay." My breath hitches in my throat. Charlie. I can't.

"Stay here." Amelia stands and walks towards the door before Charlie can come in. "I think you need to leave."

"Is Jay here?" I hear worry in her voice and although I don't want to I feel that familiar fluttering in my stomach. "Please, Amelia, I just -"

"No." Amelia sounds a bit angry. "She doesn't want to see you and I think it's best if she does not too." I close my eyes, I don't want to do something stupid.

"I just want to explain myself, please, give me 2 minutes and then you can drag me out, beating my ass if you want to." I can't help it and smile, she's still fighting for me. Should I... No.

Amelia sighs. "That's a bad idea. She needs to heal, you need too. So you know as well as I do, that you have to walk away."

"Don't you understand that I can't" Charlie's getting frustrated. "It's been weeks and I can't get her out of my head, can't you see that I need her?"

"You have to life without her and how sooner you realize that you lost her, the sooner that you're over her." What is she doing? "You're bad, Charlie. You should have stayed away from her." Is she trying to make Charlie doubt and hate herself?

"Don't do this." Charlie sounds really upset and it makes my heart ache. "Please."

"Sorry but -"

"Let her come in." I interrupt Amelia. I try to stand up, but my legs are vary shaky. "Amelia move out the way." When I look up, they both are in the locker room again, both looking at me.

"I just want 2 minutes of your time." Charlie begs and let me tell you that I never heard her beg in her life before.

I nod, I don't dare to look at Amelia, because I already know how she looks at me. She's mad. "Am, leave us." She doesn't move. "Please, give us a moment." I want to hear her out, but I won't let her manipulate me.

Amelia walks towards me, looking nothing more than pissed. "Jay, listen to your self, don't do this, you will make it worse."

"I think she can talk for herself." Charlie says.

Amelia holds her hand up to shut Charlie up. "You said it yourself, you chose for yourself."

"That's what I'm doing, talking doesn't make it worse or better, it's what grown-ups do right? Well let's do that." I look at her. "Now leave us alone."