The Finals

After winning the second game against the Mercury in Sacramento , the team was now in Phoenix , Arizona. Playing the defining game that determined which team would be going to the WNBA finals.

The crowd in the US Airways Center went wild as the star of the Phoenix Mercury scored a three pointer. With one minute to go in the fourth quarter, Lauren cursed to herself as the opposing team pulled ahead five points.

Two of her teammates took the ball out and within seconds the ball was in her hands. Lauren dribbled the ball slowing her pace as she got midcourt. She held up her hand signaling her team to setup the play. The green eyed drove the ball hard towards the basket and three of the Mercury players immediately came at her. She faked the shot and passed it to an open player, who then passed it to CeCe, she attempted a three pointer and sank it!

"Yes!" Lauren cheered running back down court on defense. She and CeCe shared a quick high five.

From the sidelines, her girlfriend cheered at the amazing basket. She silently prayed that the Monarchs would win the Western Conference finals. Camila balled both of her hands into tight fists and nervously held them up to her lips. She looked to her left and saw Jasmine Hayworth jumping up and down like a hormonal cheerleader.

Ugh, how she disliked that woman.

There was just something about her that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Camila rolled her eyes and focused her attention back on the game.

With only thirty seconds on the clock, Mercury had the ball. One player was covering her attempting to pass to her right, but Laur quickly jumped in making the interception. The green eyed could hear her coach on the sidelines screaming.

"Go! Go!" as she dribbled down court. She went for the layup when her body collided with her opponent who attempted to block her shot. Lauren lost her balance and she fell to the court floor. The basket was good.

Camila's heart jumped in her chest as her girlfriend hit the ground. She was afraid Lauren may have injured herself again.

The referee blew his whistle as the ball circled the rim and fell into the basket. The quarter of the crowd that was Monarchs fans cheered and whistled. A foul was called against the Mercury player and the green eyed had two free throws.

One of Lauren's teammates helped her off the floor. "Awesome job, Jauregui."

Lauren smiled and nodded her head. The referee made sure she was okay before blowing the whistle to continue the game. She caught Camila's eyes on the sidelines and gave her the thumbs up. The brunette smiled with an empathetic expression, nodding her head.

The dark haired stood at the free throw line giving her knee a good stretch before the ref tossed her the ball. She easily sank both shots, tying the game 68-68.

"Yeah!" Camila practically jumped four feet off the ground when Lauren made the second basket.

Everything was on the line now for both teams and neither one of them wanted to play overtime.

"Let's go Phoenix !" CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP "Let's go Phoenix !" CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP. The Mercury fans chanted.

Lauren held her breath as a Mercury player went for a two point shot with just ten seconds to go. The ball bounced off the rim and thankfully one of the Monarchs caught. She ran full speed down court and turned her head looking for the pass. The ball came to her and she was just past half court with three seconds to go. She had no choice but to shoot it from that distance. With all of her strength, she threw the ball towards the basket. Right as the final buzzer sounded the ball SWOOSHED right into the basket.