Home

"Home is where the heart is."

Before Lauren knew it, two and half weeks had past and she was going home.

Camila insisted that she would meet her at the airport but the green eyed refused, saying it would be a media frenzy; and it was. Paparazzi were hounding her left and right as she and two bodyguards made their way through the airport, throwing questions at her:

"How long were you taking prescription pills?"

"Are you and Ms. Cabello still together?"

"Will your time in rehab affect your basketball career?"

Wearing dark sunglasses, Lauren blew passed the intruding questions and made a B-line to her awaiting ride. When she was finally in the safety of her car she leaned her head back on the seat and blew out a breath. "Jesus...." She sighed.

But her thoughts of the nagging paparazzi were soon diminished by thoughts of Camila. She would be home, in the brunette's presence once again.

She felt like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time.

Lauren looked at her watch and it was just past 3pm. Camila was still at work. Lauren contemplated about showing up at the doctor's office to say hello, but thought better of it and changed her mind.

* * *

When she opened her front door, she nearly jumped out of her skin when about twenty or more people came out of nowhere yelling:

SURPRISE!!!

Lauren grabbed her chest and smiled when she realized she was surrounded by close friends and family. This included her brothers, Dinah, Normani, Clara, Tony, Camila's parents, CeCe and a few members of her team. A large banner was hanging across the stair railing that read

"Welcome Home Lauren!"

Camila came up to her first, giving a warm smile. "Welcome back, my love." the brunette said, before sharing a hug with the dazed basketball player.

Lauren looked down into Camila's sparkling brown eyes. "You did all this?"

"Well, I had a little help from your mom."

Lauren's mother came over and kissed her daughter on the cheek. "I'm so proud of you, honey."

"Thanks mom. Hey, Tony," Lauren smiled, shaking the older man's hand.

"How are you, Lauren?"

"I'm... surprised to tell you the truth. Hey!" Lauren squirmed, as she was poked in the side. She turned around and saw Normani standing behind her.

"Hey, dork!" The dark haired smiled, giving her old friend a hug, then she hugged Dinah as well. "I can't believe you guys are here."

"We had to be. It's your homecoming." Dinah smiled.

"And you know what every homecoming has?" Normani asked, catching Lauren's eyes with a knowing grin.

Lauren grinned back. "Beer and barbeque!" the two friends called in unison.

Camila chucked lightly when she heard Lauren and Normani doing one of their old antics. She grasped her girlfriend's arm. "Lern?"

"Yes, Camz?"

"My parents want to say hello."

"Oh, alright." Lauren turned to her friends. "I'll get back to you guys."