A Thousand Years (Epilogue)

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

• • • • • •

~Two Months Later~

Lauren slid the diamond ring onto Camila's finger and felt butterflies flutter in her stomach when sparkling brown eyes met her gaze. She nervously swallowed the lump in her throat and spoke from her heart.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you."

Camila smiled, this was it.

Lauren and Camila were standing before friends and family declaring their love and eternal devotion to each other. In the back of their lovely home, on a beautiful April afternoon, it was their wedding day.

Camila gazed into Lauren's loving emerald eyes. "I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart."

Lauren smiled softly as Camila slid the wedding band on her finger.

"Lauren, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. May it remind you always that you are surrounded by my enduring love."

The basketball player felt as though she were walking on air. She was marrying the most caring, gentle, and loving woman in the world.

"I will wear it gladly. Whenever I look at it, I will remember this joyous day and the vows we've made."-Lauren replied.

Soon it was time to seal the deal.

"I declare you both officially married. You may kiss." The wedding officiant said.

Lauren reached over and carefully lifted the transparent covering from the brunette's face. Lauren's heart fluttered when revealed her wife's face. Camila seemed to glow like an angel under the sunlight and her smile was as radiant as ever. Lauren stared deeply into those gorgeous brown eyes and leaned in kissing Camila softly.

Their family and friends began to cheer and clap as the newlyweds broke the kiss. They turned towards their audience and smiled brightly. All the familiar faces of their loved ones were grinning back at them. As the couple jogged down hand in hand, the crowd began to throw rice at them.

Lauren and Camila were in a fit of giggles as they ran into the house and up the three flights of stairs to their bedroom door.

"Okay, okay..." Lauren breathed, trying to calm down her laughter. "We have to do this right."

Camila chuckled and nodded her head. "Okay." she grinned.

Her now wife placed her hand on the brunette's back and then swooped an arm under Camila's legs, lifting her off the ground. They both giggled as the green eyed carried Camila into the bedroom. She walked over to the bed and carefully laid the doctor onto the large mattress. Lauren leaned half of her body over her wife and lovingly looked down at a smiling face.

"We did it, Camz. We actually did it..." The basketball player whispered in astonishment.

"I know...we're married." Camila smiled softly.

Lauren smiled back and gave her a gentle peck on her nose. She was feeling pure happiness and love in this moment. As she looked into those chocolate eyes that she adored, the basketball player knew she was with her soulmate.

"You're my wife..." Lauren whispered, gently.
Loving the way that phrase sounded for the first time.

"And you're mine." Camila brushed Lauren's hair from her forehead and cupped the sides of her face. She studied those green eyes, as if she were looking into the dark haired soul. She liked what she found. "I love you." She breathed.

"I love you more, my love. I'll love you forever." Lauren solemnly promised.

The green eyed leaned down and met her wife's lips in a gentle kiss.

The End 🤍