It Will Rain

*  *  *  *  *
There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long
my knees are on the floor,
So keep in mind
all the sacrifices I'm makin'
To keep you by my side
To keep you from walkin' out the door

'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same,
if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain

                                  *  *  *  *  *

"Camz!" The basketball player called, coming through the front door.

No answer.

"Camz!"

Again, no answer.

Where is she?

Lauren was in such a good mood she decided to take the three flights of stairs all the way up to her bedroom. Taking in a few deep breaths, she opened the double doors to her room.

"Hey, baby I-" Lauren stopped short when she saw Camila sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at the carpet. There was a suitcase at the foot of the bed beside her, and she had her laptop on her lap.

Lauren studied the sight before her, confused. "Camz, what's going on?" The green eyed asked carefully.

"You promised me." Camila said in a small voice.

"Camila." Lauren spoke softly, walking slowly into the room. "What's wrong?"

"Why did you lie to me?" Camila finally lifted her head, eyes puffy and red from crying.

A sudden sting hit Lauren's heart upon seeing her girlfriend's face. She rushed over to Camila and kneeled before her.

"What's wrong, Camz?" Lauren asked softly. She placed her hands on the doctor's knees.

Camila closed her eyes, almost painfully, and shook her head. "Don't touch me right now."

Lauren removed her hands as if she had been burned. "Camz wha-"

Brown eyes met terrified green with pure intensity. "I know you're still taking pain killers."

Lauren's facial expression dropped and her heart began to beat faster. Before she could say anything the brunette press play on the laptop, and turned it towards Lauren.

The basketball player watched the video confused.

"What is this?"

Lauren saw herself go into the kitchen. "How? I don't have a security camera set up in the kitchen. Where did this come from?"

Camila remained silent and looked at her with disappointed.

The green eyed watched the video until the end and she knew she had been caught.

Silence filled the room, as Camila closed the laptop.

Lauren looked hesitantly at Camila. She was afraid of what was going to happen next. She knew she had broken a promise; A promise that seemed so simple when she made it, but was impossible to keep.

"Camila?" She spoke with uncertainty in her voice.

The doctor met her gaze. Those brown eyes that usually sparkled upon seeing her were now empty and distant.