Dark Secrets

When Camila arrived at home, she took the small lift up to the master bedroom. When the door slid open she spotted Lauren sitting up in the bed watching the flat screen on the wall.

The basketball player's face lit up when she saw the brunette. "Hey, baby. How was work?"

The exhausted doctor walked into the room and placed her purse in a nearby chair. She hadn't forgotten about the flash drive the reporter had given her, but she didn't feel like watching whatever bullshit Jasmine was offering at the moment. She was too tired.

"Oh, you know the usual." Camila came over to Lauren's side of the bed and kissed her as a hello. "What are you watching?" The doctor asked turning to the screen.

"There's a Friends marathon on."

Camila rolled her eyes in annoyance. "You and that show." She sighed removing her sweater as she headed towards the bathroom.

"What? It's a great show." The green eyed reasoned. "I don't know why you don't like it. It's funny."

"I don't know how bunch a people making the same mistakes over and over again is funny." Camila replied.

"That's the point of it!" Lauren called behind the retreating brunette.

Camila splashed some cool water onto her face and let out a deep breath. She was still wigged out by Jasmine's little visit and was wondering what was on that flash drive. She decided to keep it to herself for now. All she wanted to do was curl up in Lauren's arms and fall asleep.

After changing into her night gown, the doctor climbed into bed and snuggled herself into the Lauren's side. She wrapped an arm over her fiancé stomach and she felt the basketball player circle an arm around her shoulders.

Lauren turned her head and placed a kiss on Camila's head. "You look so tired, babe." Lauren cooed.

"Long day." Camila yawned.

"A couple of the girls and I are getting together tomorrow morning to shoot some hoops."

"Okay." The doctor murmured.

The basketball player grasped Camila's hand and brought it to her lips, placing a gentle kiss on her palm.

"Goodnight, Camz." Lauren whispered.

"Night, baby." Camila murmured before drifting to sleep.

Lauren smiled softly at the sight of her slumbering girlfriend and shut off the television.

* * *

Early the next morning, Lauren met up with her friend CeCe and four other players from the team. As soon as Lauren stepped foot in the gymnasium her teammates began to hoot and holler loudly and clap.

The green eyed threw her gym bag on the bench and smiled. "Okay, okay." She said, trying to pipe down her friends.

"Big bad Lauren is finally getting hitched!" CeCe yelled, jumping on her back.

Lauren buckled her knees to hold the weight of her friend as her other teammates laughed. CeCe ruffled the top of her head and Lauren pushed the other woman off her.

"Get off me you nut!" Lauren yelled playfully.

"Hey, congrats Jauregui!" Alexa said, giving Lauren a high five.

"Thanks, thanks, guys." The green eyed said.

"Let's play some ball!" One of the other women shouted with a grin.

While the other women were onto the court, CeCe stood next to Lauren as she changed into her gym shoes.

"I'm really happy for you, Laur."

The dark haired glanced up at her friend and smiled lightly. "Thanks. So, how are things with the police chick?"

"Things are um...going well." CeCe shyly ducked her head.

Lauren raised an eyebrow.

"That's it? No details?"

"I'm not going to kiss and tell with this one. She's...special."

Lauren nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"I can respect that."

"And she's a detective, not a cop."

"Is there a difference?"

"Yeah."

"No there's not."

"Yes, there is."

"No, there's not." Lauren said standing up.

"You wanna take this outside?" CeCe joked.

"Let's go!"

"Are you ladies going to bitch all day or are we going to play?" Alexa interrupted.

"Yeah, come on MVP! Let's see what you got!"

Lauren gave a winning smile and she and CeCe jogged onto the court to join their teammates.

* *   *

Camila gave her mouth a final rinse before spitting out the tooth paste foam into the sink. She grabbed a towel and wiped her mouth off before exiting the bathroom.

Stretching her arms overhead, she thought of how happy she was to have the day off. Then another thought came to her.

The flash drive.

The doctor went over to her purse and rummaged through it until she found it. Camila went up to her laptop and plugged in. In a few silent moments an image popped up on the screen. It was an overhead shot of Lauren and herself in the foyer of the house. The video was silent.

Camila's brows furrowed in confusion.

"What the hell?" She whispered to herself.

The brunette continued to watch the video and realized this was footage of her and Lauren before their trip to Las Vegas for Clara's wedding.

How the hell did Jasmine get this?

Camila thought, as she continued to watch the video.

She and Lauren carried on a brief conversation and then the green eyed jogged back into the house.

Camila remembered that Lauren had forgotten her cellphone in the kitchen.

Suddenly, the image changed to a shot of the kitchen and Lauren entering. What struck Camila as unusual was how the basketball player was acting once she was in the kitchen.

She was almost being, stealth. The basketball player looked behind her to make sure no one was looking and went towards the kitchen cabinet.

Camila continued to watch with curiosity as her girlfriend was obviously being sneaky about something.

Lauren opened one of the higher cabinets and reached far back onto the top shelf. When she pulled her hand back, she was holding an object. Camila couldn't tell what it was because Lauren's back was to the screen.

When Lauren finally turned around, Camila gasped in shock at what she was holding.

Painkillers.

Lauren quickly opened the bottle and popped a few pills into her mouth. She then looked to see if anyone was coming and quickly put the bottle back up in the cabinet. The green eyed then hastily exited the kitchen.

Camila sat there on the edge of the bed in disbelief. She continued to stare at her laptop screen and a sea of emotions flooded her body.

A single teardrop falling from her eye.