Back to December

•••••••••

I'm so glad you made time to see me.
How's life? Tell me how's your family?
I haven't seen them in a while.

You've been good, busier than ever.
We small-talk, work and the weather.
Your guard is up and I know why.

•••••••••

After the game was over, Camila shuffled into her lovely one story home. It was a house just large enough for her and some guests with 2 ½ baths and three bedrooms.

She had just purchased it, a couple of weeks ago when she had landed the job in Sacramento. As you walked in the floor was wooden all the way down through a narrow hallway straight ahead that led to a few rooms. To the left was a comfortable living room area and a sliding glass door that led to the backyard. To the right was a dining area and it stretched further back to a kitchen area.

The phone rang and Camila quickly rushed over to pick up.

"Hello"

"Hi, mija. How are you doing?" Sinuhe asked her daughter.

"Um...I'm okay, mami...Just a little confused right now."

"Confused? About what? I thought you liked California." Sinu said.

"Oh, no, I love it!...it's just...Lauren..."

"Lauren ? As in Lauren Jauregui, your ex-girlfriend?" Sinu asked in astonishment.

"Yeah..." Camila said softly. "I knew I was bound to run into her sometime if I became the team physician for Sacramento."

"My, my...well...tell me what happened..."

The brunette went on telling her mother about seeing Lauren again for the first time.

"I'm going to her house for dinner on Thursday." Camila said.

"Really..."

"Yeah...she said she just wanted to talk..."

Sinu let out a sigh. "Time sure does go by fast. I remember a time when you two were inseparable."

"I know..." The brunette said quietly. "Mom...what if she wants to...get back together?"

"Do you want that?"

"I don't know...that's why I'm so confused." Camila said.

"Well, I think you should go and talk to her. You two were so young when you first got together. Maybe this is the right time. Don't let a chance on love pass you by."

*          *          *

Camila stepped out of the limo that had picked her up from her house. She looked at the stunning house before her. The home sat on an at least 2 acres and definitely had three stories.

It's a mansion!

The brunette walked up the steps and was greeted by an older gentleman who was obviously the butler.

"Ah, Ms. Cabello, Lauren is expecting you," He said ushering her into the foyer. "My name is Alfred."

"Nice to meet you, Alfred." Camila replied.

The brunette noticed the beautifully tiled marble floor and just beyond was a monstrous flight of spiral stairs going to the unknown.

"Right this way, to the dining room." Alfred directed.