Reunion

Early the next morning, the entire Monarch crew was in route to Detroit , Michigan to battle the toughest team in the East- the Detroit Shock.

"You are now free to move about the cabin." The stewardess announced over the loud speaker.

Lauren turned to her left, looking at her girlfriend who was burying herself in a novel. "Baby?" The green eyed spoke softly.

"Mmhmm?" Camila answered, glancing up from her story.

"I have to speak to the coach about something."

"Okay." The brunette smiled, lightly.

Lauren stood from her seat and made her way from the back of the plane to the front. Camila looked up from her book, making sure Lauren was a good distance away before pulling out her cell phone.

She quickly dial a number, waiting two rings before someone finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, DJ, it's me."

"Mila? Oh, my God! We haven't heard from you in a good while!"

Dinah was Camila's best friend during their senior year in high school and all through college. When the brunette was offered a medical job in Reno , the two friends parted ways for awhile but still kept in touch. Dinah was still in their hometown of Las Vegas working at their old high school as an English teacher. Her partner, Normani, Lauren's best friend back in the day, had become a P.E. teacher.

"I know. I'm sorry. It's been really hectic ever since the playoffs began."

"Yeah, how about that huh? Mani and I watched the game last night. That was an incredible shot that Laur made." Dinah gushed. "Normani was jumping off the couch screaming her head off."

Camila chuckled, imagining her friend going crazy. "It was pretty incredible. Speaking of the playoffs, I have a proposal for you and Normani."

"Okay, shoot."

Lauren finished her brief conversation with her coach and was on her way back down the aisle. Glancing to the right, she caught the eyes of the attractive reporter who was obviously watching her. The blonde was sitting alone in a window seat. Lauren gave a small smile and was about to pass but Jasmine whispered her name. She stopped and looked down.

"Can we talk for a minute?" Jasmine asked, softly.

Lauren glanced down the aisle, eight rows down and saw Camila talking on the phone. The basketball player shrugged her shoulders and sat beside the reporter.

"What's up?"

"It's an exciting time. Are you nervous about the game tonight?"

The look in Jasmine's eyes was always soft, inviting and what the green eyed really couldn't understand is why she found her oddly familiar.

Lauren shook her head, looking down at her sweatpants. "Nah, not really. I try not to be."

"It looks like you have quite a woman who supports you though."

Unsure green eyes met hers and Jasmine smiled.

"Don't worry. I won't mention Camila in the biography. I can tell she is a private person. However, I don't think she likes me much."

Lauren curled the side of her lips in a small smile. "Camz has a kind heart. She's polite to everyone. You just have to get to know her."

Jasmine raised her eyebrows slightly, not really believing Lauren's words.