Somewhere Only We Know

And if you have a minute,
why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?

* * * * *

Two weeks had passed with Lauren in the rehab facility. At times she just wanted to leave because it was so hard to get herself under control. Her mind was more at rest when she was in a session or talking with other patients, but when she was alone in her room, those pain killers would be calling her. She knew she had to be strong.

One evening her agent, Simon, came to visit. He informed her that the media had caught wind of her rehab situation. Lauren assured him that it was okay and she knew he had done everything in his power to keep it under wraps. She decided to release a statement to the press explaining her addiction and she knew the consequences she would be facing from the WNBA Board. Thankfully, the board granted her permission to remain a player; however she would be suspended from the first eight games of the following season.

Camila was on her mind every moment of everyday. She had not seen or spoken to the green eyed since their break up and she missed her terribly. Simon and her mother Clara were the only ones who knew where Lauren was being treated. The basketball player had sworn the two of them to secrecy because she didn't want Camila to see her until she was completely well.

*  * *

Two Months Later

"Clara, please. I need to know where she is." Camila begged over the phone.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry but I can't tell you."

"Simon told me she was in Las Vegas ."

Clara hesitated. "Yes, she is here and she's fine, Camila. She just..."

"I'd like to see that for myself...please Clara. I haven't seen her in over two months. I just want to make sure she's okay."

" Camila, she's not going to like that."

"I don't care..." The brunette said softly. "I'm flying out there tomorrow. Will you please take me to see her?"

There was silence on the line for a few moments and Clara sighed. "Yes, okay Camila. I'll take you."

"Thank you, Clara. Thank you so much."

* * *

Lauren sat patiently in the visitor's hall of the facility. She was told her mother had just arrived. The dark haired was wearing some comfortable sweatpants and one of her old UNLV t-shirts.

The door opened and her mother walked in.

"Hey, honey."

Lauren stood from the sofa chair and walked over to her mother, giving her a hug. "Hi, Mom." She sat back down in the chair and her mother sat across from her.

"How are you doing?"

The dark haired shrugged. "Same as always... It's getting a little easier every day."

"That's good honey."

Lauren looked down at her mother's hands and noticed she was nervously twisting the strap of her purse between her fingers.

"Mom?"

"Hmm?"

"What's going on? This is a pretty sudden visit. I mean, you were just here three days ago."