Foe

The next afternoon, Camila was in the Monarchs' locker room in her doctor's quarters looking over an inventory list. She wanted to make sure there were enough medical supplies for the team. Lauren was in the arena practicing with the team preparing for tomorrow's game. The brunette looked at the open doorway when she heard a light knock.

"Hi, are you busy?" Jasmine asked, walking into the room.

Camila was taken by surprise seeing the reporter standing there. Being in a room alone with this woman was the last place she wanted to be.

"Um, no. What can I do for you?" The doctor continued to look over her list.

"Well, I was hoping we could chat."

"About what?" Camila replied in a bothered tone.

" Lauren...your job...anything really. I've noticed during the entire playoffs we haven't said a word to each other."

"I really don't have anything to say to you." Camila answered, never giving the reporter a single look.

Jasmine smiled lightly and walked further into the room. She stood by one of the doctor's table's just a few feet from the brunette.

"Did I do or say something wrong to make you not speak to me, Camila?"

Brown eyes met light blue.

"It's Doctor Cabello."

"Okay, Dr. Cabello. Do you have an issue with me? I heard you didn't even want me to do Lauren's biography."

Camila grimaced and set her clipboard on the counter. She turned to the blonde reporter and crossed her arms, leaning against the counter.

"Listen, Ms. Hayworth, I'm going to level with you."

Jasmine raised her eyebrows in waiting for Camila to speak.

"I know about your reputation with the WNBA players and I know how you operate. I don't like you or respect you because you're unprofessional."

Jasmine curled her lips in a devilish grin.

"Unprofessional? If I recall, you're sleeping with a player yourself, doctor."

"She's my girlfriend. And there's a difference between loving someone and sleeping around." Camila spoke in a calm yet commanding tone.

"Wow, I didn't know you were a little spitfire."
Jasmine gave a crooked smile, slowly approaching the doctor. She stood in front of the smaller woman and crossed her arms.

Though there was an obvious height difference, Camila would not let that intimidate her. She frowned at the woman, wishing the journalist would just leave or better yet, drop off the planet.

"Look, I'm just doing my job...and the way I do it, is none of your business."

"It is my business if you're thinking about touching my girlfriend."

Jasmine chuckled lightly and shook her head.

"Laur is a grown woman. She can do what she wants... and if that includes doing me... I certainly wouldn't try to stop her."

Camila wanted nothing more than to snatch the reporter's hair from its roots, but the doctor knew she was better than that. A catfight would not amount to anything. She looked deeply into those arrogant blue eyes.

"Well, keep dreaming. That's not going to happen. Now, if you'll excuse me." Camila turned her back to Jasmine and picked up her clipboard. "I have work to do."

After a few seconds, she heard the reporter silently leave the room. The small brunette let out a frustrated sigh.

She felt as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, but at the same time, Jasmine's words still got under her skin.

"Uh, I can't stand her..." Camila growled between her teeth.

                               * * * * *
In an unbelievable turn of events, the Monarchs defeated the Detroit Shock in Game four. Now, the team was back to Motor City for the final game.

Standing in a corner of the locker room, Camila watched the team huddle in a circle before the big game. She looked across the room and spotted Jasmine sitting in a chair, laptop on her thighs, typing away. Nothing had been said about their little discussion in Sacramento. Lauren didn't bring it up and Camila did not say a word about it, so it was assumed that the small spat remained between her and the reporter.

"Alright, ladies! Let's get out there and win this thing!" The coach yelled with enthusiasm. The women replied in wave of hoots and hollers and the huddle was finally dispersing.

"Laur." Camila said, grasping Lauren's arm as she was walking by.

The green eyed glanced at the doors exiting the locker room as her team was filing out, then turned to the smaller woman.

"What's up, baby?"

"I..." The doctor knew this was the most important moment in Lauren's career and she wanted to say some encouraging words, but nothing was coming to her. She looked deeply into those emerald eyes and smiled.

"Kick their asses tonight."

It was a rarity to hear Camila curse, but when she did it always amused the basketball player. Lauren smiled adoringly at her girlfriend and kissed her on the lips.

"I will."

As Lauren stepped away they shared knowing smiles and the dark haired turned to catch up with the group. Camila let out a soft sigh as she watched her disappear from the locker room.

No matter how long they've been together, the green eyed still managed to form butterflies in her stomach. As the room grew more silent, Camila felt as though she was being watched. She turned to look across the room and was caught by two gleaming blue eyes.
Jasmine lowered her gaze back to her laptop with a scornful expression.

Something about those eyes put a shiver down the brunette's spine.

They almost seemed...evil?

Camila shook it off and headed out of the locker room.

* * *

A lone figure sits in front of the flat screen watching the highlights of last night's game.

"With seconds to go, Lauren Jauregui of the Sacramento Monarchs makes an amazing three point shot to win this year's WNBA Finals." An announcer stated on ESPN news.

As the announcer continued to speak, a clip of Lauren and a panel of other players are shown at a press conference. The green eyed was smiling and answering questions graciously and professionally.

"The team was ecstatic and some decided to celebrate earlier than other." The anchorman continued.

The next clip was of Lauren and Camila gazing into each other's eyes before the basketball player pulled her girlfriend in for a passionate kiss. Fans, players and Monarch staff could be seen celebrating in the background as the two lovers were in their own little world.

The figure frowned at the display on the screen and clicked off the tv. Filled with anger and hate, they picked up the phone and dialed a number.

"Do it."

* * * * *

Hello, everybody!

Sorry, my schedule has been chaotic lately, but i'm finally back!

Hopefully this weekend, we'll have more updates coming up...stay tuned ;)