Falling for you

*******
I'm so excited for the night
All we need's my bike
and your enormous house
You said someday we might
When I'm closer to your height
*****

The next morning, Lauren sat on the sidelines of the huge arena watching her fellow teammates practice drills on the court. She had her injured leg up on a chair in front of her.

"Mason! What the hell was that?!" Lauren yelled to one of her teammates who shot an air ball.

"Oh, eat me, Jauregui!" She yelled back.

"You wish!" The dark haired teased.

Her teammate rolled her eyes and continued with the drills.

"Hey." A voice said next to her.

Lauren turned to her left and looked up.

Camila was looking down at her with a slight smile.

"Hey..." Laur said back.

"How are you doing?" Camila asked taking a seat beside Lauren.

"My knee is feeling better today. I'll be shootin' hoops in no time." She joked.

"No, how are you doing?" The brunette asked again.

Lauren shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm doing okay...considering you shot me down last night." The green eyed said raising an eyebrow at Camila.

"About last night...Lauren, I'm..."

"Don't even think about saying you're sorry. Everything you said to me last night was true...it's okay." Lauren said truthfully.

Camila nodded.

"We just need to take this slow...become friends again."

Lauren's face slowly spread into a sexy smile that Camila still couldn't resist. It was contagious and made the brunette smile back.

"I'm up for that." Lauren said reaching her hands above her head giving her back a good stretch. "So, you here on call, doctor?" She asked with a grin.

"Well...yes actually. I have to show my reports to your coach and make sure I also have the medical histories of the whole team. You guys will be having your physicals a month from now." The brunette said.

When she heard nothing from the woman sitting next to her, Camila tore her eyes away from the court and looked at Lauren.

The basketball player was gazing at her dreamily.

"What?" Camila asked with a slight smile.

"You just sound so cute when you're talking your doctor wisdom."

"Laur..." Camila said with a sigh.

"I know..." Lauren replied waving both her hands. "Take it slow..."

The doctor looked back at her and giggled slightly before getting off the bench and walking over to where the Monarchs' coach was standing.

Lauren watched Camila as she walked away and couldn't help but stare at the brunette's perfectly shaped butt.

Hotdamn!...it's better that I remember.

She thought with a smile.

* * *

Three weeks had gone by and the team had traveled from Colorado to Texas and then New York. Now, they were back in Sacramento, California. During this time, Lauren and Camila felt their friendship begin to blossom once more.