||Diluc: The Last Photograph of Us

Writing this because i only got 1 answer right in my math exam. As a student who has a lot of A's in their report, i am upset

➷the last photograph of us➷

The wind in Mondstadt are usually soothing, with a hint of summer warm. It's usually perfect for a picnic.

However, that one night Diluc was on his shift, a single snowflake fell on the window behind him.

Once again, winter has come for a visit.

Hearing the door in front of him open, he looked up from the wine glass he was wiping.

"hello," she greeted upon sitting on the stool. "Can I get a glass of dandelion wine?"

With a hum, diluc began working with the order.

Diluc wasn't the curious type, but he couldn't help but take another peek at the woman infront of him. She was obviously from inazuma, wearing a foreign pattern to mondstatd.

"I just moved here," she said, noticing the mans curious cat like gaze. "Do you have any recommendations as to where I should visit first?"

"Good hunter serves good food." Diluc answered curtly. His mouth moved along with his hand, placing the drink in front of the woman.

Now that he was standing face to face with her, he could finally take a good look at her.

"Thank you for the suggestion," she smiled up at him, her glassy e/c eyes forming into a crescent. "I'm y/n, your mix is very good sir-?"

"Diluc, please don't call me sir. Just diluc is fine."

Y/n couldn't force her chuckle down, "then diluc it is. I hope to be seeing you around."

After a while, y/n strikes up another conversation. On that cold winter, angels share wasn't as busy as it usually is. With y/n talking and telling stories, diluc listened politely, nodding and humming in respons.

Y/n didn't mind the lack of respons, she understood immediately that Diluc wasn't much of a chatty person. Knowing this, she was grateful he hasn't told her to shut up yet.

After an hour or two, it was already close to midnight. Diluc watched as y/ns figure retreated outside.

The snow had gotten heavier outside, white covered the ground everywhere underneath her. It left her footprints as she walked away from the bars door.

"Wait-" dilucs voice accompanied by the sound of a door opening stopped y/n in her tracks.

Y/n looked back at him, her figure in the snow made her look a bit lonely. With only two layers of thin clothing covering her, she was shivering.

"It's snowing outside, why did you leave your house without a coat?"

Diluc drapped over His black fur coat over her shoulders. The contrasting bright color of her clothes didn't match the souless black color of his coat.

"Let me walk you home." He offered. "A lady shouldn't walk by herself at night."

"How generous." Y/n replied.

That night underneath the half covered moon, two figures walk side by side. The snow fell gently on their shoulders like white butterflies.

. . .

Every saturday night, y/n would always come back to the bar. She sat on the same stool, ordered the same drink, but the topic she talked about was always different. She told Diluc her share of adventuring stories while Diluc told her his portion of adventures.

What surprised him the most was, after talking to her for a few months, he found out the woman in front of him doesn't like to work with a lot of people. She had the same intrests and common views as him. Diluc began to warm up, for once he let down that wall of his just for y/n.

A few times when aether and his team would come in, y/n would keep her mouth shut and pretend she was a stranger. Diluc doesn't know why she does this nor does he intend to find out. As y/n once said, she isn't interested in meeting his companions.

The secret friendship between them can't always be hidden though. A patron saw the two laughing and giggling and accidentally blurted it out. The gossip was soon heard by kaeya and aether.

It was then they found out about a woman named y/n. Kaeya didn't particularly like her, just because Diluc wasn't as easily annoyed when she's around.

It was then on a saturday when snow once again came, Kaeya had come in to meet diluc in angels share. The man wasn't at his usual spot behind the bar.

Instead, charles was busy mixing drinks.

"Where did Diluc go?" Kaeya asked.

Charles then sighed, shaking his head. "He's in the manor." The dejected tone sparked up worry in Kaeyas heart.

"It isn't like him to skip work. Is he sick?"

"A sort," the bartender fully placed his sight on the tall knight. "You should talk to him, or give him space. You choose."

So Kaeya went to the manor accompanied as usual by the traveller. Although the manor usually didn't have much activities to begin with, it seemed everyone was down with their spirits.

'is diluc really that sick?'

It didn't take that long for them to find out the truth.

After asking one of the maids, she answered rather quickly.

"Oh dear, it truly is a pity." She started, her friend beside her placed a hand on the talking maids shoulder. "The master only leaves his room at night to hunt down abyss mages. Ever since the miss-" a choked sob left her throat, "ever since miss y/n passed away."

The memory was still fresh, she was y/n's personal maid after all, taking care of her day and night. Not long after the two got together, Diluc offered y/n to live with him. No one in the manor minded, y/n treated them well. She would sneak out at night with the maids and steal food from the kitchen, even helping them with chores.

It was when she was passing by y/n's room one night did she hear the woman's terrible coughs from inside.

She entered without knocking, seeing y/n leaning against the desk, scarlet blood covering half the surface and staining the paper.

"Don't tell Diluc about this." She demanded. "You can't let him know."

But how can she not tell her master? She cares about y/n too, how could she let her get sick?

The maid didn't know where Diluc was, so she waited impatiently, walking in circles in front of the door. When Diluc did return, the panic was finally let loose.

It was to late at that point, y/n didn't know her sickness was already that severe either, but she was already accepting of her death since she was a child.

The snow outside started falling, the window in her room glossed over with ice, only leaving a blurry view of Dilucs garden.

When diluc cradled the freezing body in his arms, it was the same date as when she first arrived to Mondstatd.

It's only been a few years, She was the only person he ever opened up to. Diluc stared at the frame on his bedside, the only photograph they had on their first picnic. It was the last and first photo they had ever taken and the only thing left behind.

Knowing he would never be able to see the same bright smile in that picture ever again,

It really was to pitiful.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Idk this was a mess. I'm writing in the middle of class so everything was hurried. Also time structure who? Idk

I nearly wrote diluc as dulic pls I'm gonna cry

Anyway, I'm almost done reading yu wu. Pls, it's so sad what the hell. I literally have a list of how to make my characters suffer. Just from reading a couple of danmei lmao. I'm in pain.

[Here's a mini theater : how they feel about y/n always dying]

Y/n : do you want me to stuff your nose with straws?! STOP KILLING ME
Xiao : I've lived for thousands of years, yet I've never hated someone as much as you
Diluc : what's the point anymore