||chongyun: My Spirit (1)

Okay, mga sweets, here's your monthly update lmao just kidding idk what I'm doing lol. (There's gonna be 2 parts of this)

___

Reader is a ghost | not angst (yet-) | gn!reader | chongyun finally seeing a spirit | xingqiu being a good friend | mystery solving with the boiz (or just chongyun) | not really romantic | reader died at a young age | made this with my own logic

★ my spirit, may it be with you ★

On the foot of a mountain in Liyue.

Y/n pulled out their lasagna from the oven. It was slightly overcooked, but they didn't mind. Lasagna is lasagna, it'll taste just as good.

Just as they had placed it down on the table, the door to their house was rudely kicked apart. Y/n watched the door pieces fly across the room, mouth wide open.

"See? I didn't lie." A voice belonging to a young man said from outside, "there really is a rundown house here."

'Um..? Rude?' They frowned, though it wasn't entirely wrong. Their house really was rundown with a few holes on the walls. There wasn't even a proper window. They didn't really have a reason to fix it nor had the motivation to do any renovation.

Still, there was no reason for these people to break their door down.

Two people walked it as if they owned the place, a blue haired boy and a boy with darker blue hair.

"Very interesting, it's clean inside unlike the exterior." The boy with light blue hair and white clothes made an observation, opening the wooden drawers placed around the room.

The other one, his friend, followed behind him and kept his hands clean, refusing to touch any of the old dirty stuff. He shook his head, "maybe someone had taken shelter here before? Or maybe, it's the ghost that lives here-"

"Ahem!"

Their heads instantly turned around to meet y/n, leaning against the kitchen doorway. Their hands crossed, tapping patiently over the other with a fork. "Care explaining why I shouldn't be handing you two over to the Millelith for breaking and entering?"

The two visibly tensed up, casting worried glances to each other. The one with darker hair spoke up first, "Our apologies, we didn't know this house was occupied by someone and thought it was a good place to explore."

"My door was locked."

"And so are many unexplored places." He gave them an awkward smile.

Seeing as the two didn't mean any harm, y/n ended up offering them tea to which they accepted, albeit a little hesitantly.

"It's not poisoned is it?" The dark blue haired boy asked, eyeing the tea cup suspiciously.

"Of course not." Y/n took a sip of their own tea, sitting on the seat opposite of them. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm y/n, owner of the house you broke into."

The one with light blue hair coughed awkwardly, "my name is Chongyun, and this is my friend Xingqiu." Chongyun introduced himself.

Y/n nodded, lowering their teacup with a clink. "So, what made you two decide it's a good idea to break into someone's home?" They emphasized the last part.

"That'll be my fault," Xingqiu honestly confessed, carefully eating the cookies y/n plated on the table with certain elegance. "I told him there were rumors of spirits living here. You see, my friend is a talented exorcist."

Chongyun elbowed him on the side, "I've never seen a spirit before.."

"Mm, interesting. An exorcist you say?" Y/n leaned back into their chair, humming curiously. "The rumors aren't entirely wrong. These forests around us are actually infested with rouge spirits. It'll be nice if you could get rid of them for me."