Alisha

Everyone gets called down for dinner, the only reason I'm staying is to write down the dates for all the wedding stuff. Shawn filled me in on everything as we made our way to the dining hall, him and Kylie are being forced into a marriage with a family called the Williams. Kylie is going to marry someone named Christian, and Shawn marries his sister, Kate. 

"So basically you guys are marrying your in laws?" I ask. 

"Uh yeah I guess so?" He scratches the back of his head. 

"At 18?" I press and he shakes his head. 

"20, our parents just want to have everything out of the way so they don't have to deal with it later on, plus they are caging us in so we can't escape the marriage." He says opening the large door leading to the hall that leads to the dining area.

"Have you met them before?" I pull out my small notebook as we aprouch the dining hall.

"Yes," he rolls his eyes, guessing he doesn't like them. 

He open another door and we walk through to see a family already seated at the table. At one end of the table is Kylie's mom, across from her at the other end of the table. On the right side is a guy, Christian, wearing all black. Literally all black, even his hair is parted in th middle like an emo boy- 

Next to him sits Kylie in her white lace dress with a pair of tan wedges, beside her is Jake wearing his usual, dirty jeans and a graphic tee. Across from Kylie is another girl, Kate, she wears a horrendous pink dress, one strapped on the shoulder, and on the side a big ridiculous swirl of tool. There is one seat empty in her right side, next to her mom where Shawn takes a seat beside her and I go to take the seat next to her. 

"Ew! I have to sit next to...that?!" She screetches and everyone looks our way. 

I look over at Shawn who gives me a sympathetic shrug before I seat down in my seat. Kate gives me a disgusted look before scooting her chair away from me, I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes at her. 

Throughout the dinner, I write down the notes for the wedding, it's like I'm going to be planning this thing- 

Jake sends daggers Christians way while Kylie is oblivious to it, Kate throws herself at Shawns side while he cringes away from her. Are their parents really oblivious to what's happening around them-