The First Day

'What if they are a bunch of murderers?'

Narcissa rolled her eyes at her girlfriend who was pacing in front of the fire in their house.

'What if they work for Riddle?'

Another eye roll from Narcissa.

'What if--'

'ENOUGH!' Nicole Vance said loudly. Emmeline stopped babbling and looked at her elder sister.

'But seriously Nick, I'm scared about her.' Emmeline said down beside Narcissa who patted her hair.

'We all are scared.' Cissy said. Nicole nodded.

'And Alice said, the guys looked fine.' Nicole reminded them. Emmeline moaned in protest.

'Yeah, I look cute but I'm still scary!' She said. Cissy and Nicole rolled their eyes.

'Sureeeee.' They said together, dragging out the word. Emmeline pouted.

'Enough of this shit. I feel hungry!' Nicole stood up. Cissy laughed.

'Tell me something I don't know.' She shook her head. Nicole shrugged. Emmeline opened her eyes and looked at her girlfriend.

'I feel hungry too.' She informed them. Cissy stood up.

'Good good. We should eat.' She kissed Emmeline's forehead and dragged her out of the room, Nicole followed them.

Scarlett Vance knocked on the door of the Prewett house. The door was opened by Alice.

'Scarlett! Come in.' She smiled. Scarlett shook her head.

'Later Alice. Please come home for some time. Em's worrying like a mother hen.' She said.

'Let me grab my cloak.' Alice told her and went inside.

'What's up?' Her brother, Fabian Prewett asked her.

'Oh nothing Fab. Just going to Em's house.' Alice said and buttoned her cloak. Fabian nodded and went back to reading his book.

Alice went out and saw Scarlett leaning against the wall.

'Come on.' She yawned. Alice chuckled and they started walking.

The streets of Cokeworth were bustling with women, children and men. People laughed and talked as they moved about.

The street lights looked beautiful in the sunset. Light autumn winds caressed their faces as they moved.

They stopped in front of the Vance House.

Scarlett entered, followed by Alice.

'I'm home!' Scarlett called.

Mrs. Vance came out of the kitchen and smiled at Alice.

'Thank God you came Alice. Em's so worried. She's in her room with Narcissa.' She said.

Alice nodded and knocked on Emmeline's door.

'In!' Emmeline's voice shouted. Alice entered.

Emmeline was sitting on her bed, Narcissa was braiding her hair.

'Hey Ally!' Emmeline chirped. Alice smiled and sat down beside Cissy.

'Hey Em. Hey Cissy. I heard that she's worrying like a mother hen.' Alice nodded in Emmeline's direction.

'I'm not--' Emmeline protested.

'You are.' Cissy said firmly. Emmeline pouted again. Alice chuckled.