Chapter #33

A/N: It's party time, folks! And we are getting closer to the end. Hey! Why are you not crying? Don't you feel sad? Oh, I get it! You want this book to end soon? Seven more chapters dude!

Alice, Lily and Marlene were getting ready for the small 'party' at The Vance House. They were sitting in Marlene's (and Sirius') room at the McKinnons'.

Make-up stuff was all over the bed and dresses were neatly hanging in the wardrobe. Marlene was straightening her wavy honey blonde hair in front of the mirror. Lily was curling Alice's chestnut hair.

'Thanks Lils,' Alice smiled as she glanced at herself in the mirror.

'Don't mention it,' Lily waved her hand casually. Marlene stood up and opened the wardrobe.

She took out a lavender coloured dress which reached her knees. The neckline had small white flowers stitched over it. She went to the bathroom to change.

'Hey Lils!' She called. 'Zip this up please.' Lily came inside the bathroom and found Marlene fiddling with the zipper of her dress. She zipped it and sighed.

They went outside and found Alice examining herself in the mirror. She was wearing a long and soft white floral printed dress. It was sleeveless and contrasted pretty well with her chestnut hair.

'It's a gift from Frank, right?' Marlene smiled. Alice nodded, a smile playing at her lips.

'He has a good choice in clothes,' Lily remarked.

'And James doesn't?' Marlene raised her eyebrows. Her eyes raked up and down Lily's body with a smirk. She was wearing a mint green dress which stopped above her knees, it had a V neckline.

'He does,' Lily smiled fondly.

They left the house and started walking towards Emmeline's home.

'What are the chances that Selwyn will die in the war?' Alice asked suddenly. Lily's eyes narrowed.

'Ten, the idiot won't survive,' she said. Marlene managed a small smile.

'But it's really scary out there,' Alice said, looking worried. Marlene shrugged.

'It is, but you can't do anything yet. Riddle hasn't officialy demanded war, if you know what I mean. Currently it's only bitterness and hatred. And spies and soldiers getting killed. The war will be more terrifying,' she said.

'That's really positive Marls, you reassured me,' Alice said sarcastically.

'It's true though,' Lily sighed.

They knocked on The Vances' door. They heard footsteps and then Emmeline opened the door. She was wearing a long black skirt and a dark blue top. They hugged.

'Oh Gods, we have met after ages!' Marlene dramatically wiped a non-existent tear from her left eye. Her friends rolled their eyes.

'Hey girls,' Adam said from behind Emmeline.

'Oh God, is it really you Adam Reynolds? I haven't seen you in months!' Lily exclaimed. Her cousin's husband, Dahlia's husband, was Adam's elder brother, Zach.

'Unfortunately, it's me,' Adam said in a mock-serious voice. Lily laughed.

'Adam! Come here!' Nicole called from somewhere.

'We don't have time Nick! You can snog later!' Scarlett shouted from the kitchen. Adam's face reddened and he excused himself. The girls stepped inside the house.

'The party's in the garden,' Emmeline told them.

'Excellent, I needed fresh air. Let's go out people,' Marlene stepped out throught the back door, which led to the garden. Chairs and tables were stacked there and the trees had lights hanging from them.

'It's beautiful!' Alice admired. Emmeline smiled proudly.

'Let the party begin!' Marlene smirked.

____________________________________

'I think I'm ready to explain.'

Fleamont choked. He coughed and stared at Dorea. She looked determined. Euphemia's eyebrows were knitted in concern.

'Are you sure Mom? I mean..it's hard..' Alexis said nervously.

'It is, yes. But I have to explain some day, right?' Dorea said calmly. James had to agree with that.

'Fine then...you can start,' Fleamont sighed. So she did.

'That night, when I was returning from the cemetery, the Death Eaters attacked me. They killed the other people with me and hit me on the head hard enough to make me unconscious. Later, when I woke up, I was in a cell at the Knockturn Castle. They had me locked up so securely that everyone thought that I was indeed dead. I tried to escape many times, it didn't work, the place was a nightmare. Or worse than that.'

'Goodness,' Euphemia whispered.

'The messages were just a joke. I wasn't dead. They wanted to know about the sword of Gryffindor,' a dark look crossed Dorea's face.

'The sword of Gryffindor?' Fleamont and James said together, sharply. Dorea nodded.

'That prophecy...' Fleamont sighed and rubbed his eyes.

'The book is missing Dad, I told you that two years ago. The book by Fiona Gwen Isma,' Sirius said grimly.

'The Upcoming Prophecies of The World and My Predictions,' Regulus remembered.

'Fiona Gwen Isma was a strong seer. She could see the future better than any other seer, she was an oracle. After her death, the book was kept safe in the Kingdom of Slytherin. But that was, of course, before Slytherin turned--er--evil. Then Knockturn got mixed in it and Fiona was Riddle's great-great-great-grandmother,' Euphemia laced her fingers together, looking deep in thought.

'This is bad, if Riddle has that prophecy book he clearly knows the latest one made,' James said.

'He knows. That's why he asked for the sword of Gryffindor. He knew that this pair would kill him with the sword,' Fleamont said darkly.

'What does this prophecy say anyway?' Dorea asked curiously.

'Soon, it would happen. Very soon. He will be defeated by two people who are soulmates...two people. It will happen at the end of the seventh month on the seventh day at the seventh hour. Seven shall be killed. It'll happen soon...' Euphemia repeated.

'End of the seventh month, that July, a month away. Seventh day, that means the last seventh day, I'm sure. 27th July. Seventh hour, now that's tricky. Seven at the morning or seven at the night? And I'm not happy with that seven shall be killed thing,' Dorea said.

So they wondered. What would happen on the 27th of July? Who were these ill-fated seven people? Most importantly, who were these two soulmates?

A/N: Suspenseeeee. We are getting closer to the end, sadly. Take care and stay safe.

Love,
Aurora:)