Chapter #38

A/N: We are ONE chapter away from the epilogue. START SOBBING!!

Dear Lily,

You won't believe it. George Freaking Evans is engaged. GEORGE HAROLD EVANS. I asked him yesterday. The girl is called Hestia Jones and she's from Hufflepuff. I'll try to get more info from him. Oh and do you remember Noah McPherson? I, well...have a date with him. I'm moving on from Vermin. I hope you are fine. Take care and stay safe please.

Love,
Petunia

Lily couldn't help but laugh. Her brother was good at secrecy. Hestia Jones, she must be something for catching the eye of George Evans. Still chuckling, she kept the letter aside and sighed.

Sometimes, things felt well. As though she wasn't destined to kill a crazy maniac. But it returned to her, sooner or later. It always did. The fear would return every five minutes and she became a pacing, panicking mess.

She heaved another sigh and stared out of her window. The sun was setting. The castle looked pink during the sunset, an adorable shade of light pink. She could see why the people of Diagon were so happy. Everything was here was cheerful, bright and calm. And James was just like that too.

'Lily?'

She heard Alice's voice. Her best friend sat beside her and stared at her.

'You are still stressed, right?' Alice said knowingly. Lily nodded slowly.

'Don't be. Let's have some fun, Remus would be outside. We can have a tour of Diagon,' Alice smiled gently. The idea was good and Lily was all for it. So they met up with Remus outside.

'Let's bring James and Sirius along too. Marlene's with Alexis,' Remus said. They walked towards Sirius' room and Remus pushed it open. Sirius let out a very.. girl-ish scream and James rolled his eyes.

'Good Heavens Moony! I could be naked!' Sirius said, without thinking. James' expression turned to utmost horror.

'Excuse me?' Lily said sharply, eyes narrowed to slits. 'Why would you be naked in front of my fiancé?'

Remus sniggered. 'Yes Padfoot and Prongs,' he smirked, 'do tell us what you do behind closed doors? Is this a sizzling love affair? Forbidden love?'

'Shut up, Moony!' James yelled, his face redder than Lily's hair. Sirius turned to him.

'James, love,' he cooed, 'we have to tell them! I can't keep it a secret any longer! Our love is undying!'

'There's no love affair between me and him, trust me!' James took a huge step backwards.

'Alright, alright. I believe you, but please, shut up Sirius. That bird voice doesn't suit you,' Lily wrinkled her nose in disgust.

____________________________________

Tom Marvolo Riddle, or Voldemort, had many servants. Yes, servants not employees. 

All of them were at levels. Some were close, and some barely saw him. But he had seven servants who knew all of his secrets. These seven were the most important to him. They were like Rooks to him in chess.

The seventh most important was Rabastan Lestrange.

The sixth most important was Rodolphus Lestrange.

The fifth most important was Augustus Rookwood.

The fourth most important was Damien Mulciber.

The third most important was Antonin Dolohov.

The second most important was Lucius Malfoy.

The most important was Severus Snape. He was skilled, in sword fighting, potions, and dark arts. He was useful.

And Riddle knew that these seven would die. The book said so, not from the good side. He had to keep them safe, all his secrets belonged to them. Every move, every technique, every plan, they were aware of how his mind worked. If one of them was captured....Riddle didn't like to think about it.

He sat on his dark throne, fingers laced together and thinking deeply. He had to do something, he had to kill these soulmates, they couldn't bring him down. Lily Evans and James Potter, they couldn't ruin him. They couldn't ruin his plan about this world.

'My Lord?'

He glared at a bowing Damien Mulciber.

'What?' Riddle barked. Mulciber flinched.

'My Lord, as you said, we've kept the--er--army ready for attack. July 27th is a few days away. We attack during the evening, I hope?' Mulciber said.

'Yes, in the evening, when they least expect it. This will not end happily for them. Keep the swords, spears, bows and arrows ready. I don't want you worthless fools to run out of those commom things during the battle,' Riddle sneered cruelly.

'Yes, My Lord,' Mulciber mumbled. He bowed awkwardly, as though afraid that Riddle would slice his neck, and hurried outside.

'Fools,' Riddle muttered darkly. He stared at the book kept beside him. Fiona Gwen Isma was a gifted seer and she had helped him a lot by this book. A slow smile appeared on his face and he laughed a laugh that could only be described as maniacal.

____________________________________

Dear George,

Gods, I miss you so, so much! It's been so long. I want to come there but Mom doesn't want me to leave, with the war and all. How are your sisters? I hope they are fine, please take care. All this is so scary.

I love you and I miss you. I hope this war ends soon because I can't wait for our marriage! Take care and please be safe.

Lots of love,
Hestia xoxo

George smiled. That was Hestia, always worrying about others. He looked sideways at the note kept on the kitchen counter.

On a date. Will be home by nine.

--Petunia

He was proud of her. Like seriously? Who could ever love a walrus? From the pictures Lily had shown him of Vermin, George was sure that The Dursleys (what a horrible last name!) where descended from a family of walruses. He sniggered at the thought.

Well, it was good that she moved on. She could get many other men, she wasn't blessed in the looks department but in kindness? Gods, she had a soft heart. She barely showed it but The Evans Family knew it.

A/N: Just let me cry in peace, alright? Take care and stay safe.

Love,
Aurora:)