Chapter #28

A/N: Here's your chapter 28 and I don't regret being a dramatic bitch. *throws tablet at your face*. Go find out whether Dorea is alive or not. And don't kill me after reading this. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE!? GO READ!

She didn't remember anything clearly.

The girl, she still remembered her face. Straight dark hair, dark eyes, tanned skin...

But she used to be young at the time. Thirteen, yes. She remembered now. The twins used to be thirteen, playful girls, those two. They joined the rescue team? Time flies...

But that meant that...that...her daughter...she would be fifteen now...

Tears welled in her eyes, she was fifteen. Five years had passed. She hadn't seen her daughter grow up. Her daughter thought she was dead. Tears trailed down her sunken cheeks.

One of the twins, the one with the longer hair, looked at her. The surprise, concern, disbelief and happiness was visible in her eyes.

'Quick Parker,' she said in a harsh whisper. The man, who was probably Parker, nodded hastily.

The Girl kicked the door open and after months, years she saw the sky. It was dark, though. The moon and stars were visible.

Parker led her to the carriage, where another girl sat beside her. Not a twin, she was someone else.

The previous girl was escorting her bleeding twin to another carriage.

'Parker,' The girl beside her mumbled, 'tell Patil One that we are moving and take care of your girlfriend.'

Parker nodded and motioned to another man to start the carriage. It started moving.

She couldn't believe it, after years, she was out of that hell. She was rescued! The girl beside her was shaking, from cold or fear She didn't know, but she was shaking.

'L-lady D-D-Dorea...are you...comfortable?'

She got the impression that she was asking only for her own reassurance, to make sure She was really there, alive. But no one had called her 'Lady' in many years.

She nodded shakily. The Girl took a shaky breath before bringing a hand to her sweaty forehead.

She rested her head against the window, the cold, dark, deserted land of Knockturn Hills were behind her, she was free.

She lost count of time, and fell asleep.

She woke up when a gentle hand touched her shoulder. She jerked awake, alarmed. She expected herself to stare into dark, hatred-filled eyes.

But, instead, she was staring into dark eyes, filled with bravery, concern and kindness.

'Lady Dorea...we are here,' The Twin whispered, small tears visible in her eyes. She looked outside the window.

The Palace of Diagon was visible. Snowy white and beautiful in the early morning sunshine. It almost looked pink. Sunshine after years....

The Girl gently took hold of her hand and helped her stand up.

'Anu...' Her Twin came up from behind her, a bandage wrapped around her right hand.

'Quick, we-we need King Fleamont. At once, write to Prince James, Prince Sirius, The Lady Royal, Lily, Princess Marlene, and the advisor's son, Remus,' The Other Twin said sharply.

Her Twin nodded and left.

'Ms. Patil, what--'

Dorea's eyes went wide. Her dead husband's elder brother, Fleamont, was standing there, his eyes equally wide.

'No-what the...D-Dorea?' He was shaking, and so was his voice.

She couldn't bring herself to nod, she lost consciousness.

*~*~*

When Dorea woke up next, it was to find herself in a room. Not a dark, gloomy one but a cheerful, clean one.

Her body was covered in bandages and her hair was washed and open. She was laying on a bed, on neat, cyan-blue coloured sheets.

She looked sideways and found the bandaged twin beside her, mixing a dark green colored paste.

She kept it aside when she saw that Dorea was awake.

'Lady Dorea? How do you feel?' She gently checked her pulse.

'B-better,' Dorea croaked, her voice sounded hollow and dead to her own ears.

The Twin settled back, satisfied. She picked up the bowl of paste and with light fingers, applied it on Dorea's arm and then secured it with a bandage.

'I think you might not remember me,' she said after a while, 'I was thirteen the last time you saw me. My name is Kanika, Kanika Patil. The girl who was with you earlier was my twin, Anushka Patil.'

Dorea nodded slowly. She was right then. Suddenly a thought came to her.

'Alexis.'

Kanika's head shot up, eyes wide in alarm.

'My daughter,' Dorea whispered, 'where's my daughter?'

Kanika hesitated, eyes darting nervously around the room. Finally, she sighed.

'It's six currently. Princess Alexis wakes up at eight,' she told Dorea. She nodded, taking a deep breath.

'And James?' She said after a while, remembering the messy hair, hazel eyes, rectangular glasses of her beloved nephew.

'He-he's in Cokeworth, he left this morning, at five, should be here by ten,' Kanika answered.

'Kanika...' A woman strode in, judging by her dark hair, she was definitely the twins' mother.

'Mom,' Kanika nodded.

Mrs. Patil looked at Dorea for a long while.

'I think it's safe to let Queen Euphemia enter now, she's going insane outside,' she said finally.

Kanika nodded and stood up. The mother-daughter duo left the room. After a few minutes, Dorea's sister-in-law entrered, shaking.

'Oh my Heavens, Ria,' she whispered. Dorea allowed herself a small smile at the old nickname.

'How did this even happen?' Euphemia sat down at the edge of the mattress. She put a hand to her ribcage, right on her heart.

Dorea realised that her heartbeat might be wild at the moment. Seeing your (presumably) dead sister-in-law after five years would be quiet a shock, right?

Dorea closed her eyes, feeling comfortable after years. She opened her eyes and stared at the white ceiling. The small, yet beautiful lights dangled from it. They gave a warm, golden glow to the room.

Then, sound of footsteps.

'MOM!'

Dorea saw a blur of white, brown and blue before someone hugged her tightly.

'Lexi, gently!' Euphemia said trying to get Alexis off Dorea. 

'M-mom, pl-please d-don't l-leave m-me a-a-again,' Alexis sobbed, her tears fell on Dorea's neck, making her eyes water.

'Shh, it's okay. Calm down, I'm here,' Dorea said, trying to stop her from crying.

It was okay, in a way. Right? Dorea Charlus Potter was back, alive. That's the thing that really matters.

A/N: Dun dun dunnnnnnn! DOREA'S BACK AND ALIVE! Alexis' mom is back! I know there was no Jily, Blackinnon, Emcissa, Rexis or ANYTHING in this chapter. That was because this whole chapter is in Dorea's point of view. I hope I described the feelings well enough. Take care and stay safe. Please don't hate me. I love you all!

Love,
Aurora:)