The Fourth Day

Scarlett Vance sat at the her window. She looked at the dark sky. The stars twinkled at her. She looked down at the picture in her hands.

She stared at the happy face of Judy Lauren. The stormy blue eyes looked back at her. Judy's blonde was spilling on her shoulders. Scarlett wiped a tear which was trailing down her cheek.

Judy Lauren.

It was three years since Scarlett last saw her. Three years since she had heard her best friend laugh. Three years since she had seen that smile in reality. Three years since she had talked to her.

It was this sick country and the useless 'king' that was ruling it. Judy was forced to flee this country. Why?

Only because she was beautiful. Because Selywn's brother was after her. Because he wanted to force her into a marriage at the mere age of thirteen.

Thirteen! Judy barely knew about the world. The thoughts still made Scarlett mad. It was Selywn's fault that Scarlett lost her best friend.

Scarlett laid the photo inside her special box and blew the candles. She pulled the curtains and closed her window.

She sat on her bed, tears falling from her brilliant blue eyes, her dark brown hair was escaping from the bun atop her hair. It framed her face as she sobbed and sobbed.

She cried herself to sleep.

_____________________________

Nicole Vance was really strong. Physically and mentally. Being the eldest sister, she had always set an example for her sisters.

From her dusty green eyes to her fun attitude, she was the type of girl who didn't give a damn about the world's opinions about her. It was rare that she was angry.

But at the moment, she was furious. Furious because everything was wrong. This bloody Country was wrong. The 'King' ruling it was wrong.

AND DAMN EVERYTHING WAS FUCKING WRONG!

She ran a frustrated hand through her dark brown hair and pulled at it. The silky strands flowed like silk between her fingers. She traced the tattoo on her arm.

A. L. R

She stared at it for a moment. A. L. R. stood for Adam Leo Reynolds. Her fiancé who was away for three months. He was in The Kingdom of Ravenclaw.

She remembered the day when they had got each other's names inscribed on their arms.

Hers was N. E. V. It stood for Nicole Estella Vance. She thought about the letter thrown on her bed. Her fiancé's perfect handwriting which said that he would be coming soon.

Something he had been repeating for two months.

Nicole kicked her bed frame and cursed when she felt pain in her right foot. She was damn frustrated.

Soon babe. Soon love. Really soon, I promise....

She repeated those words in her mind. 'Soon' was like 'wait a bit more'.

_____________________________

'Mum, I have to tell you something.'

Melissa was instantly aware that her daughter was really serious. Her gaze shifted from her diary to her daughter.

Marlene stared down at her.

Taking a deep breath, Melissa nodded slowly. Marlene sat down beside her.

'I am dating someone.'

Melissa felt like she would faint. She blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice.

'Name?' She asked weakly.