Ten

Elliot got take out before heading home. He hoped that if he bribed his kids with good food, that they might not be as angry with him.

"Livvie?!" Eli exclaimed as he ran to the front door. He slid to a stop before frowning when he saw his father.

"Hey, kiddo." Elliot breathed as he went to reach out to his son, but Eli shook his head.

"I thought Livvie came home with you." Eli frowned.

"We are going to talk about Livvie tonight, okay? So why don't you go and get your siblings, and we can eat dinner in a few minutes."

"Is she coming home?" Eli asked, and Elliot shrugged as he pointed to the stairs.

"Go get your siblings, Eli. Please."

Eli ran back upstairs as Elliot went into the kitchen and set the table. He started to place the containers of Chinese food in the center of the table, as the kids came into the kitchen.

"Take out?" Maureen questioned, and Elliot nodded.

"Yup. I'll go shopping tomorrow. Then you all will have something good to eat." Elliot smiled.

The kids settled down and it didn't take them long to dig in. Once the kids had started to focus mostly on their food, Elliot decided to just tell them.

"So, Liv's pregnant." He breathed.

"Huh?" Kathleen questioned, as she quickly glanced over at Maureen to see how she was feeling about the news.

"She never went on dates when she was here. She went to work and came home... so who's the father?" Maureen asked. She and everyone but Eli were shocked by the news. Olivia never did anything for herself, like dating, so they had no idea how she could be pregnant.

"Okay, so this is where it gets a little messy."

"Messy?" Lizzie questioned.

"Messy like what?" Maureen frowned, because she was really starting to realize what was happening. And exactly what her father and Olivia had done together.

"I'm the baby's father. It's your sibling." Elliot whispered.

"Were you cheating on Mama the whole time? Did you just truly fuck up this time and didn't wear a damn condom?!" Maureen yelled, as she quickly slid her chair back before staring her father down.

"Maureen-"

"What the hell did you do?! Because clearly something was happening when you promised that there wasn't anything going on between you and Olivia!" Maureen screamed, before she quickly left the kitchen and the house all together.

Elliot stood quickly and followed Maureen outside, where he was smacked by her. He never did think his kids would hit him, but clearly he had fucked up enough to earn it.

"Maureen, never hit me again. Do you-"

"I just... I don't believe you. I don't understand how you can just keep making mistakes and allow us to lose the most important women in our lives. And a baby? Dad, you got Olivia pregnant? What? How?"

"Maureen, I was so upset after I got served with the divorce papers that I needed to do something. Olivia was here for me, and I asked for it. I'm so sorry, and I will try my hardest to get her to come back."

"No. Stay the hell away from her. I will get her back, because clearly you are the reason why she left to start." Maureen huffed before she headed down the driveway and to her father's vehicle.

"Where are you going? You know that I don't want you driving at night!" Elliot exclaimed.

"I'm going to fix your fucking mistakes!"

///

Olivia was going through her box from work when someone knocked on her door. She quickly tossed the picture of herself and Elliot onto the floor, before heading to answer the door.

"Yeah?" Olivia asked as she opened the door.

"So I heard that you are pregnant." Maureen breathed.

"Oh." Was all Olivia could say before letting Maureen into her apartment.

"You slept with my father? Because that's really shitty. Was it more recently or also when my parents were still married?" Maureen spat.

"Mo-"

"And what the hell are you and my Dad gonna do? Because that kid is a Stabler, and it should be raised with its parents and siblings." Maureen huffed.

"Okay, Mo... Your father and I didn't have an affair. The night he got served with all the divorce papers, that was the only time. And I promise you, that nothing will ever happen again. Your father could never be capable of loving me. He will never stop loving your mother. And what happened was a mistake. And hate me all you want, but please don't take it out on your father. You all need each other." Olivia spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"We need you, Liv." Maureen frowned, as she walked over and sank down onto the couch before reaching forward and grabbing the picture that Olivia had dropped.

"Kid-"

"Come home. We can figure out what is happening tomorrow morning. We just need you back with us. The house is so lonely without you. And we already aren't taken care of how you take care of us." Maureen spoke, as she carried the picture over to Olivia before hugging her tightly.

"I'm not going back to your house. I told your father that he can figure stuff out and come to me when he knows what he's going to do. And if that means he is taking the baby, I guess it's happening."

"What?" Maureen asked.

"I will never be a good mother, but I know that Elliot is a good father."

"You are going to be an amazing mother to my baby brother or sister. And I know that my father is capable of loving you, and this picture proves it. We can be a family, but only as long as you can come home tonight. I'll change diapers and-"

"Mo, I love you. But just go home. Eventually something will get figured out."

"Liv-" Maureen started, but she was interrupted. Olivia groaned deeply as someone knocked on her door again, and she opened it once more.

"El." Olivia breathed, and Elliot swallowed hard before stepping forward and placing his hands to Olivia's waist and tugging her close.

"I know that Mo is here, and she said that she's here to fix my mistakes. But I'm hoping that I can do that myself." Elliot smiled, before leaning in close and kissing Olivia deeply.