Thirty-Six

"Do you really think any of us want you back?" Maureen asked, without even reading over any of the paperwork her father had brought.

"I know that your mother does, Mo. I know she wants to be with me, just as much as I want to be with her. Ever since we broke up, I have worked incredibly hard to fix myself. I had a ton of scars that needed to be healed, and I did that. I'm not completely better and never will be, but I'm working on myself so that soon I can get back to you. So I can go to bed every night and wake up knowing the love of my life is right beside me... so I can walk around the house at night and check on all six of my kids."

"You were verbally abusive to all of us, Dad. We don't need your toxic energy in our lives. So go tell Mom that you are no longer interested and walk away. Just leave us alone." Maureen ordered as she turned and walked to the door. She opened it, but Elliot didn't move at all. He stood frozen as tears slipped down his cheeks.

"Maureen, I know I fucked up really bad. I'm not denying that. But I am better now, and I will never be abusive again. I'm not just going to walk away from the life I want, because you are angry at me. I love your mother in a way that I have never loved someone else before, and I'm not walking away from that. So please, just give me a shot. That is all I'm asking, Mo. For one more chance to prove to you and everyone else that I'm better. That I'll be a great father again." Elliot begged. He was shaking, because this... his family meant the world to him and he hated that he had wasted time with them because he was a mess.

Maureen watched her father for several long moments before hesitantly shutting her hotel door and walking to where he stood. She awkwardly brushed tears from his cheeks before sighing softly.

"Marry her before you knock her up again, okay? Make us all feel loved and like we are also the reason you care coming back. Okay?"

"I don't just want your mother and Tally back, Mo. I miss all of you so much." Elliot sniffled as he tried to restrain himself from hugging his eldest daughter.

"Go home to her, Dad. Tell her I'll be home tomorrow night, and that I have a lot of apologizing to do."

///

Elliot waited until he knew all of his kids were sleeping before going to see Olivia. He had gathered some pebbles while he had been waiting, and he used those to get Olivia's attention.

"El? What are you doing?" Olivia asked with wide eyes as she opened her bedroom window.

"Our daughter told me to come home to you... to tell you she'd be home tomorrow to apologize for everything. We almost didn't make up, but I told her everything and she forgave me. I still have a ton of work to do, but Liv... I think I'm getting closer to coming home to you every night. To holding you in my arms as you sleep." Elliot smiled, as he looked at the absolute love of his life. The woman that made him feel alive and so happy.

"I'm going to come downstairs and let you in, but you have to get out of here before the kids get up in the morning. We must approach this in the right way, alright?"

"I'll do anything you say, Liv. I promise."

Olivia shut her bedroom window before running downstairs as fast as she could. She unlocked the front door and pulled Elliot in, before wrapping her arms around his body and hugging him tightly. They stood like that for a while, because hugging didn't feel wrong now. Olivia almost felt like she was cheating on her kids when she was secretly talking to Elliot, but now that Maureen gave them to all clear to start things up again, she felt better about everything.

"So are you sure that everything is good?" Olivia asked, as she looked her ex over.

"Yeah, Liv. It was hard, and shit almost went down... but we worked things out. I may have to buy her a new car and a mansion, but it is worth it to be here with you."

"Are you going to come upstairs with me?" Olivia smiled as she ran her hands over Elliot's shoulders.

"What do you want to do?" Elliot asked weakly, as he tried to think if he had a spare condom in his wallet at all.

"I don't know yet, but whatever it is... it needs to happen in the privacy of my bedroom. Our kids don't need to see us doing the dirty on the sofa we watch TV on."

///

Olivia and Elliot spent their first night together in over a year. It started out as just kissing, but turned into lovemaking. Neither had expected it to happen, but they used to protection so then Tally would be the baby of the family for a while longer.

"That felt great." Elliot breathed as he rubbed Olivia's bare back.

"You haven't had sex with anyone since we broke up, right?" Olivia asked, as she lifted her head off of Elliot's chest.

"This is the first time that I have made love to anyone since before Tally was born. There were a few times I was offered sexual favors, but it felt like I was cheating on you from the moment they asked. You and I were broken up, but you were still my fiancee in my mind." Elliot spoke, as Olivia smiled tiredly.

"I'm glad, because I really don't think I could forgive you if I ended up accidentally catching something."

"What about you, Liv? Any hot guy manage to woo your pants off?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, but he tried."

"Who?" Elliot breathed nervously.

"Trevor Langan."