Twelve

The rest of the kids took the news well, and the twins even volunteered to share their room with the baby. It really seemed that maybe everything would turn out good. That Olivia and Elliot could really make a relationship work while also caring for six kids.

Once the kids got on the bus that morning, Elliot drove Olivia to her doctor's office to get her pregnancy confirmed. All the tests came back positive, so hopefully Olivia was really pregnant and all of this drama wasn't for nothing.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Elliot asked once he parked the car.

"You should get to work. I'll just call a cab or take the subway to work afterwards." Olivia replied.

"Are you nervous?" Elliot questioned softly.

"I'm terrified." Olivia whispered. She looked down at her hands, as tears slipped down her cheeks and eventually fell onto her hands.

"Why? You are healthy and strong, and I really don't think anything will go wrong with you or our baby."

"Are you sure? Because I don't have great luck..." Olivia sniffled.

"I'm gonna join you for this appointment and every appointment that you are scared about in the future. You need my support, and you also need me to help convince you that everything will be okay."

"El, I hate feeling weak." Olivia whimpered.

"You aren't weak. You are the strongest woman I know. Now, let's go in and make sure our baby is doing good."

///

Olivia's pregnancy was confirmed, and her levels were right on track for five weeks. Olivia was so beyond thankful that her baby was doing well so far, and she could even see that Elliot was relieved to know that all the drama and heartbreak was actually worth it. 

"You are late." Cragen spoke as soon as Elliot walked into the squadroom.

"I know, and I'm sorry." Elliot replied.

"Come into my office and we need to talk about it."

"Captain-" Elliot started, but Cragen just shook his head and went back into his office.

Once Elliot had shut the door to Cragen's office, he was told to sit down.

"Captain, I'm really sorry that I was late. I had a good reason."

"What was this good reason?" Cragen sighed. He was getting a little tired of Elliot lately, especially since he was the reason why Olivia asked to be transferred and because his head didn't seem to be in the game lately.

"I had to take Olivia to her doctor's office."

"Olivia? Why were you around, Olivia? She literally said that you were the main reason why she wanted a new placement."

"Because Olivia is pregnant."

"Huh?" Cragen asked, his eyes growing wide.

"Olivia is pregnant and I am the father. I was taking her to her appointment so we could confirm the pregnancy and make sure everything was okay. Which everything is okay, and she's about five weeks along." Elliot explained.

Cragen closed his eyes tightly as he ran his hands over his face.

"How long have you two been together?"

"It's not like that-"

"I'd like to know how long you two were sleeping together before this all happened. Because I won't allow you to not get punished for breaking a rule of the NYPD."

"The night that my divorce papers were served... that was the first and only night so far."

"So far?"

"We are dating. We want our baby to be raised together and-"

"Make sure you tell the department about your relationship. And just know that she won't be able to come back here unless something drastic happens."

"Are you angry with us, Captain? Because this isn't Liv's fault. It's all mine." Elliot frowned.

"I'm disappointed. Mostly because you were being a dumbass, and that's why we are down a detective."

///

Elliot was pissed off at what Cragen said, so he wasn't in a good mood when he got home. The house was loud, so he went straight to the basement instead of checking in on his kids and Olivia.

"When did you get home?" Olivia questioned, after seeing her boyfriend's vehicle in the driveway but not finding him near it or in the house.

"About half an hour ago." Elliot grumbled.

"Is everything okay? You seem angry." Olivia frowned as she kept her distance from him. She didn't want to get into his personal space and make him even more angry or uncomfortable.

"Cragen bitched me out today about being late and then about knocking you up."

"Huh?" Olivia breathed.

"He just loves you, Liv. But he hates me and the fact that I pushed you away and that caused you to leave our squad. And the fact that we slept together and did it while partners. He's just angry." Elliot sighed. He leaned back against the sofa before running his hands over his face.

"I can go talk to him and make sure that he isn't taking it out on you. It can be my fault. And I'll take whatever punishment he wants to use on you." Olivia frowned as she quickly moved over to the sofa. She sat down beside Elliot, before running her hand over his thigh.

"You don't have to do anything for me."

"But you are doing so much for me. You are giving me a family, a baby... and you love me. I have never had a real family or someone who truly loves me, and you are giving me that. And I have always wanted to be a mother, and once again you are helping me have that. I know that we did things the wrong way, but neither of us thought that this would happen. It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. He can be angry at us all he wants, but it won't change what is happening between us." Olivia spoke softly. Elliot opened his eyes before looking at Olivia and smiling softly.

"I love you a lot, Liv. And what you just said did make me feel a bit better... I just wish that Cragen wouldn't be so pissed off that we were together. We aren't partners anymore, so it's not like it's a huge deal."

"Maybe he's jealous." Olivia teased, and Elliot laughed before wrapping his arms around Olivia and hugging her tightly.

"Now I'm not nearly as angry."