Forty-Four

Maureen was a hell of a lot happier after she dyed her hair. She no longer hated to look at herself in the mirror, and she always made sure to tell people that she did it because of her adoptive mother.

Maureen wasn't the only one that was happier, everyone in the family was. Kathleen graduated from high school, the twins were really coming into their own in school and life, Eli was getting smarter by the day, and Tally was talking and walking all over the place. In addition to the kids, Olivia and Elliot were also doing good. They were happy together, and more in love than ever before.

"This is not how I expected to spend my morning." Olivia panted as she reached down and grabbed the sheets. She pulled them up to cover her chest, but Elliot quickly pushed the sheets back down and smiled.

"Don't cover up. I have seen your breasts a million times." Elliot replied. Olivia rolled her eyes, but stayed uncovered.

"El, we should probably get up and start our day." Olivia whispered.

"Why should we do that? We both are off today, and it's summer. The kids are going to be needing us to drive them everywhere, so why don't we just enjoy the quiet while we can." Elliot breathed as he reached over and ran his hand over her bare body.

Elliot was working part-time at a bodega, so he was out of the house during the night. Then Olivia was still working her ass off at SVU, so she was rarely home. Moments like this when they were alone were rare, and Elliot didn't want to end it too soon. He missed spending time with the love of his life.

"Okay, what if I get up right now and check on the kids? I can give Kathleen and Mo some money and they can take the kids out for the day... then I can come back and join you again. How does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect. Just bring me something to eat and drink when you come back. I gotta keep up my strength." Elliot smiled.

"You are horrible... but I will bring you something back. Just get some rest."

///

Olivia packed a diaper bag for Tally and a day bag for Eli before the kids got up. Once the kids started to stumble down the stairs, Olivia cornered her eldest two daughters.

"Okay, I need a favor from you two." Olivia spoke, as she got straight to the point.

"We just woke up, so what could you possibly want?" Maureen yawned as she stumbled to the coffeepot. It wasn't even done brewing yet, but she was certain that whatever her mother was going to ask was going to drain her by the end of the day.

"I need you two to take the kids out of the house for the day. Maybe to the beach or the zoo." Olivia replied, as she ignored her daughter's sass.

"Mama, that is a lot to ask of us. You want us to watch four kids?" Kathleen questioned.

"You are going to be watching two little kids and two teenagers. I just want the house to myself today and-"

"You won't be alone though." Maureen sighed, as she turned around slowly.

"Maureen-"

"Mama, if you wanted time with Dad... just say it. He lives here now and we know you two aren't virgins or anything, clearly. So just tell us that you and Dad are working on making us another sibling, and we will be out of your hair." Maureen replied quickly.

Olivia's face grew red, and she awkwardly shoved her hands into the pockets of her robe.

"Can you two please just do this for me? For your father? We never get the same days off, so we'd like to spend time together..." Olivia whispered.

Maureen and Kathleen shared a look before Kathleen nodded.

"Consider it done. We will be out of here by nine, and back home before Tally needs to go to bed."

///

Once the kids left, Olivia shyly went back into the bedroom. She knew that all the sex she and Elliot were having could lead to another baby, but they weren't trying. They hadn't even discussed it, but after Maureen brought it up, she started to think about babies. Olivia wanted one more baby, just one. She wanted to give Elliot a son, but if she ended up having another girl she wouldn't love the baby any less.

"Hey." Elliot yawned.

"Hi." Olivia replied softly, as she walked over to the bed and passed Elliot a bottle of water and a breakfast bar.

Elliot sat and ate it before eventually looking at Olivia.

"Is something wrong? I thought I heard the kids leave, so that isn't the problem." Elliot frowned.

Olivia stayed quiet for several long moments before looking over at her boyfriend. She knew that she was ready for another baby, but she was worried that Elliot wasn't there yet. That he might want to wait awhile long before expanding their already huge family.

"Baby, if something is wrong-"

"I don't want to use protection anymore, El."

"You don't?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, I don't. I'd like it if we stopped being careful, and instead start trying actively for a baby." Olivia breathed. She kept her eyes down because she didn't want to see anger in Elliot's eyes.

But Elliot was far from angry. Hearing those words made him incredibly happy, and he had to blink away tears.

"Olivia, look at me." Elliot spoke.

"El, if you are going to say no-"

"I cannot wait to have another baby with you. If I knew you wanted to start trying again, then I wouldn't have worn a condom this morning." Elliot smiled.

"What?" Olivia asked, as she turned her head quickly.

"Let's have a baby."

"Do you mean that? Like, if in a few weeks I get a positive test back, you won't be angry?!" Olivia squeaked.

"I will cry like a baby because I'm going to be so excited! Olivia, we have planned to have another baby, and I was just waiting for you to tell me you are ready."

"Okay, then let's stop talking and get to making a baby!" Olivia exclaimed.