Nineteen

Everyone slept in that morning, which was exactly what they all needed. After seeing Kathy the night before, they were all emotionally and physically exhausted. Elliot didn't sleep well, especially since he could keep hearing Kathy say that she wanted the kids on repeat in his head.

He eventually woke up and found everyone still sleeping in his bed. So he shifted Eli, so he was closer to Olivia, before climbing out of bed and heading towards the bathroom. He barely got to finish his shower before someone was opening the door.

"Hey, I'm in here!" Elliot exclaimed.

"So? I have seen you naked many times before." Olivia yawned. Elliot sighed softly, before finishing his shower he climbed out started to dry off.

"Sorry for snapping a bit with you. I just didn't want one of the girls to walk in on me naked." Elliot spoke as he watched Olivia wash her face.

"Don't apologize. Last night was hard, so I don't blame you for being a little snippy." Olivia replied. She dried her face off before turning and looking at her boyfriend.

"How were the kids after you four got home?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shrugged as she leaned against the counter.

"Not great. Eli is confused, but he's still really little. Maureen and Kathleen kept yelling at me, but they weren't angry at me. They just had to take their anger out on someone, and I was the lucky one." Olivia spoke.

"Kathy said she wanted the kids. That she didn't like that you were acting like their mother, when you aren't actually their mother." Elliot frowned.

Olivia nodded slowly as she held her stomach and sighed.

"Do you think she will get them? Because these kids can't be exposed to her anymore."

"She gave them up. She gave up her rights to them, and no judge in their right mind would give her her rights back." Elliot spoke, as he tried to reassure his girlfriend. He moved closer to her before kissing her softly.

"I want to go and get the twins." Olivia breathed, and Elliot nodded.

"Okay. I'll call the camp and tell them what is happening. I think that we'd feel better with all the kids under the same roof. Especially since Kathy knows what camp we always send the kids to."

///

Olivia got ready for the day before taking Maureen with her to pick up Lizzie and Dickie. They sat in silence for the first hour of the ride, but then after stopping to get an early lunch, Maureen started to talk.

"You aren't going to leave us, right?" Maureen asked as she continued to stare out the window.

"What?" Olivia asked, as she quickly glanced over at Maureen.

"You aren't going to leave us now that you know my mother is somewhere in the general area? That she could come back and take us and my father?" Maureen asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"Your father would never take your mother back... not after the shit she has pulled. And I would never leave you guys. You are my kids. I have been taking care of you five for months, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. And anyway, your sister needs you all around. Otherwise, I don't think I'll know what to do." Olivia spoke. She reached over and grabbed Maureen's hand before squeezing it tightly.

"I love you, Mom." Maureen whispered, and Olivia smiled.

"I love you too, baby. More than you could ever imagine."

They rode in silence for the rest of the trip, and then when they got to the camp, Olivia got out to get the twins. She walked to the main office, and she waited for a few moments before a counselor came to talk to her.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She smiled.

"Hi, I'm Olivia Benson and my boyfriend called to tell you that I'm picking up Elizabeth and Richard Stabler." Olivia spoke.

"Hmm, they are actually with their mother right now. She said that she was here to get them." The girl spoke as her smile faded.

"Where are they?" Olivia demanded.

"They are down on the dock. Uh, should I call the cops or security?"

"You should probably call someone because she doesn't have custody of those kids."

///

Olivia quickly made her way down to the water, where the counselor told her that Kathy and the twins were. She could see that Dickie was protecting Lizzie, as both of them cried. Kathy was trying to get them to go with her, and that made Olivia even more pissed off than before.

"Kathy, I need you to back away from the kids." Olivia spoke as she walked down the dock. 

"Momma!" Lizzie cried, as she went to move past Kathy, but Kathy wouldn't allow her. She grabbed Lizzie's arm and pushed her back towards Dickie.

"These are my kids! These are my babies!" Kathy yelled, as she started towards Olivia.

"No, Kathy! These are my kids! I have been taking care of them and loving them since you left! I took care of them and loved them more than you ever could, even when you were around! Kathleen kept telling me that you never showed up to her games, but I always did! You can't just claim these kids now that you know Elliot and I want them." Olivia spat.

Kathy got close to her, and she went to push Olivia, but Olivia shoved her off the dock. She closed her eyes tightly, before feeling as Lizzie and Dickie hugged her tightly.

"Momma, take us home." Lizzie whimpered as she rested her head against Olivia's side.

"I'm going to take you home. I promise."

Olivia got the kids back onto the beach as the camp's security approached them. They helped Kathy out of the lake, as she swore under her breath.

"Ms. Benson, we were told that this woman-"

"Kathy Stabler is her name." Olivia sighed.

"Yes, we were told that Mrs. Stabler doesn't have custody of her kids? We can call the cops on her or-"

"Don't call the cops. Just get her out of here. I'm taking the kids home to their father, but I'm not happy about how you just allowed her to see them. Even after their father called and said that I'd be coming to get them."