Twenty

Olivia took the kids home without saying a thing. She just focused on getting her three kids home so that she could talk to Elliot. So they could start planning a real way to keep Kathy away. When they finally got back home, Olivia sent Maureen in with the twins and asked her to send Elliot outside. It took Elliot about ten minutes, but eventually he walked outside and straight to his girlfriend.

"What happened? The twins are crying and Maureen refuses to say a thing." Elliot frowned as he placed his hands on Olivia's waist. He pulled her close as she started to cry.

"Kathy was at the camp. She was trying to take the kids from us... so I shoved her into the water. The twins were so scared and they were sobbing. And when Lizzie called for me, it just made Kathy angry. She didn't like that Lizzie calls me Momma." Olivia sniffled. 

"What? She was there?!" Elliot asked as he quickly stepped away from Olivia.

"Yes! She was there, and we need to figure out a way to make her stay away! Those are my kids!" Olivia yelled. Elliot nodded before running his hands over his face.

"She's crazy. She has no custody of them, so she can't see them without my permission. I'm call the cops."

"The cops? El-"

"Go inside and be with the kids. I'll deal with this."

///

Cragen got a call from Elliot telling him that Kathy was back and she was trying to see the kids. So Cragen sent Fin and Munch to pick Kathy up for attempted parental abduction. Elliot snuck out of the house after he got a text confirming that Kathy had been arrested, and he headed to the precinct to see her.

"I thought that I texted Liv." Fin admitted, when he saw Elliot walk into the squadroom.

"Liv is home sleeping, and I honestly don't know if or when she'll be coming back. She's stressed out, and she is being incredibly protective of the kids." Elliot explained.

"Let's not worry about that right now. Let's focus on what we have here. Do you know what happened at the camp today or last night at Kathy's mother's house?" Cragen asked, and Elliot nodded.

"At the camp, Kathy showed up and told them that she needed to talk to the kids and that she'd be taking them home. Thankfully Olivia got there and could take the kids from Kathy and bring them home. And last night, Kathy's mother contacted her and told her that she had the kids. Kathy went there and tried to talk to them. They didn't want that." Elliot explained.

"Did you bring the copy of your divorce papers and the custody agreement?" Cragen asked, and Elliot nodded. He got into his bag and pulled the binder out before passing it to his boss. Cragen carried them over to the large conference table before he and the guys settled down and started to look through them.

It wasn't long until Kathy started to yell from her cell, so Elliot and Fin went to talk to her.

"Settle down." Elliot spoke, but that just made Kathy even more angry.

"You got me arrested! C'mon! We were in love less than a year ago, and you get me arrested?! For attempted parental abduction!?" Kathy yelled.

"We weren't in love less than a year ago. You were just pretending to be in love with me. And you went and saw the kids without permission. Without an agreement in place. You also told the kids that they would be going with you, when that will never happen. So unless we can figure something out, then you will be going to court for attempted parental abduction." Elliot spoke.

"Elliot, just let me see my kids!" Kathy exclaimed.

"You don't get to demand things, Kathy. You just walked away from our family. You filed for divorce. When you called, you knew the kids weren't with me, so you didn't have to talk to them. Olivia and I are doing well together. We are taking care of the kids the way they need to be, and the kids are so excited about their baby sister. I think it's time you just drop off the face of the Earth like before. But this time never come back."

///

A deal was made with Kathy. If she promised to sit down with Elliot and his lawyer to discuss a way to do things right, then she wouldn't be actually charged and sent to jail. It took a few weeks for an appointment to be set up, and Olivia was asked to join them for the meeting, much against Kathy's wants.

"Why is she here?" Kathy huffed when she walked into the room and saw Elliot and Olivia sitting together.

"She is helping to represent the kids." Elliot spoke as he reached over and grabbed his girlfriend's hand.

"I think that I should represent our kids, and they want to be with me. Clearly she is-" Kathy started, but Olivia interrupted her.

"The kids asked me if they could call me mom or momma. They asked me to be their mother, because you weren't around. The kids all wrote letters, and each letter contains what the kids want." Olivia sighed. She got into her purse and pulled out the envelope. She passed it to Elliot's lawyer.

"I bet she told them what to write." Kathy huffed, and Olivia just rolled her eyes.

Elliot's lawyer got copies of the letters before passing the copies to Kathy and her lawyer. Then Elliot's lawyer read them out loud.

With each letter, Kathy cried harder and harder. She grew even more angry than before. She hated to hear that Maureen, Kathleen, Lizzie, Dickie, and even little Eli wanted to stay with their father. They also made sure to say that they wanted to be with Olivia too. Kathy made her mistakes, and now this was her punishment.

"S-stop." Kathy whimpered after hearing Eli's little note and watched the video of him saying what he wanted. 

"Kathy-" Elliot spoke, but Kathy shook her head.

"This is just mean, Elliot. Those kids need to be with their mother, and I will never stop fighting for them."

"Kathy, maybe instead of fighting for them and trying to force them into something they don't want to do... let them heal from losing you and let them come to you when they are ready. Because this... this isn't the right thing to do." Olivia breathed.