Thirty-One

"You are just going to sign away your kids?" Olivia asked, as her heart ached for the five kids that would not have actual parents by the beginning of next week.

"They don't want me, so I don't fucking want them either! Take them and all of their shit! You can deal with their attitude and everything else that comes with raising five disrespectful assholes." Elliot growled.

"What the hell happened to you, Elliot?" Olivia whispered as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"I'm just tired of being a punching bag for you and the kids."

"You are the punching bag? Jesus Christ, you idiot! I'm the one that you always go after! So yeah, go to the courthouse on Monday and sign those kids over to me. I'll love them, since it seems like you and Kathy just have kids and then decide to give them up when you are tired of that responsibility." Olivia huffed. 

"I'll even sign my rights away to that kid. THE ONE I DIDN'T EVEN WANT!" Elliot screamed, before slamming the door to the house.

Olivia shook when she heard glass break, but she didn't turn back. Elliot was self destructing, and Olivia knew that when he came back one day, she and the kids wouldn't be waiting for him.

///

The kids were back at Fin's apartment when Olivia arrived home.

"Uh, you have five very blonde visitors." Fin spoke as he opened the door for Olivia.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Some terrible shit just went down, and I'm going to get a few hotel rooms because they can't go back home." Olivia whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"Elliot doesn't want the kids anymore... not even Tally. So he's signing them over to me on Monday. I'm only thirty-one, and I'm going to be a mother to six kids..."

"He's really done, huh?"

"Yup. He is going to probably drink himself to death, and I won't be able to do anything about it. I'll be too busy raising his kids to help him out." Olivia sighed. 

"I know that you still love him-"

"No, I don't. I don't even know why I used to love him. So I am going to talk to the kids real quick and then pack up my stuff and get a hotel room. I also need to get items for the kids, because I'm assuming that Elliot will just toss everything out."

"Are you financially prepared to support six kids?" Fin asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Even if I wasn't, I'd have to figure out how to be. I will not abandon these kids."

///

A little over two months after Tallulah was born, Olivia had full guardianship of Elliot's five children, along with complete custody of Tally. She ended up renting a house that was big enough for her six kids, and she was currently talking to one of her friends about adopting the Stabler kids.

"Are you okay with sharing a room with Kathleen?" Olivia asked as she and Maureen carried boxes into the house. 

"I'm good with whatever I can get. As long as I don't have to live with Dad, then I'm happy." Maureen smiled.

"You'll be out of the house by next fall, so it won't be for too long, anyway." Olivia spoke as she headed upstairs with her daughter right behind her.

"I decided to go to Columbia."

"What?" Olivia asked, as she sat a box in Eli and Dickie's room.

"I'm going to Columbia. Then I can still live here at home and help out with the kids. I also don't want to miss out on watching Tally and the others grow up." Maureen spoke softly. Olivia smiled before stepping forward and hugging her daughter tightly.

"I'm honestly so freaking excited about this! I have tried to get used to the idea of you leaving, but I can't. And now I don't have to!" Olivia laughed. 

"I'm glad you are excited. I think that Dad wanted me to go to school in a different state, but it was probably because then he wouldn't have to deal with me at all."

"I love dealing with you." Olivia spoke before hugging Maureen again.

"I just hope that someday in the future... you can find someone to love and that he can help you out with the monsters you are currently raising."

"Kid, I honestly don't think I can ever be with someone else. Not after what happened with your father... but don't worry about me. I'm still young, so things might change."

"Thirty-one is like super old, Mom." Maureen teased.

///

On Monday morning, Olivia had another meeting with her lawyer to discuss adopting the kids. She had rights to them as their guardian, but she wanted them to be her legal children. She wanted to be able to change their last names and get them away from the pain that their parents had caused.

"So, you haven't changed your mind yet?" Trevor asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"Nope. We moved into the house this weekend, and it made everything more real. I'd like to adopt them." Olivia smiled.

"Okay, so for that to happen there are a few things that you need to prove."

"Okay. I'm willing to do anything, Trevor." Olivia replied quickly.

"The judge would like to see that you have signed permission from both of their biological parents-"

"I have to get permission to adopt the kids that they don't want anything to do with? They don't have any rights to these kids... if it wasn't for me, they would be wards of the state." Olivia frowned.

"I know but-"

"No, Trevor. I don't understand why I have to get permission from two monsters that aren't even raising their kids! They don't pay me to do this! I'm putting all of my time and energy into raising these kids, and I have to go and ask for their permission to do this." Olivia huffed.

"Olivia-"

"I'll go do it, Trevor! I just wanna bitch about it before actually doing it. Tell me everything else, because I want these kids to be mine by the end of next year."