Down down to goblin town

I watch as my Host discuss the Hobbit by JRR Tolkien; with several errors. There was no dwarfs name Kilo, Milo and Bilo. But I did not correct him; it is not in my programming. I look at the man across from him. A ordinary man with a black and emerald suit with white hair. I open a data slot, scanning the files I have access too; while listening to the conversation. A mundane task to be sure.

I scan the files, his birthday, age , size ect ect. He was the head Master of one out of the four Huntsmen Academy. A hunting academy I think to myself as a I close the pervious tab and open another looking at the academies. I examine every detail thoroughly. It was my programming my nature, defeating a city AI such as myself. Blueprint, legal permits, capacity and energy efficiency. Yet I was bothered by a single thing. Something that as a AI I shouldn't be concern about. But yet I was. The purpose of these institutions.

Military institutions such as the one I was made in were practical in the grand scheme of things. Train for the acquisition of resources through aggressive and violent means. However the academies did no such things; they trained the youth children from early a early age to fight wild animals. This would require further investigation and possibly a discussion with my host. Host conversing...

Naturally I look at the progress of my host who had barely gotten to the chapter where Bilbo Baggins (Hobbit) and the Durin's company (Dwarfs) began to trek the mountain. Humans always soo slow in a span of 5 minutes I had research the institutes and the leading figures of this new world as my host called it. While he got to Goblin Town.

I felt a itch in my processor again. A desire to investigate a disturbance of sorts. This would require my whole attention. I recorded the conversation between my host and this Professor Ozbin. My mind travels the data space along the network I was currently connected too. Codes of binary flew by my eyes as I spectacle through a computer camera. To a user my presents would have been notice as a blip in their monitor. A update I had created after my Host had asked me to be more discreet when exploring the Network.

I had access to all the files presented in the computer while at the same time I looked through the camera toward a laboratory. I see nothing out of the ordinary; equations along the wall that I must admit were accurate despite the poor handwriting. A part of my mind began to decipher the equations theorizing a reason. While the other half of my mind looked for the anomaly. 1 macro second 2 3 4 I found it. It was a poorly outdated and generator present in the room. It was functioning at 47% efficiency.

My mind continued to create possible reasons for the equations while I examine the blueprints of the building. It was Pietro's office. My mind immediately open all relating and relevant file.

Pietro Polendina...male....1.829 metes...paralyzed from waist down... age: 54... employment: Atlasean Military researchers and development... ... ... analyzing...Conclusion reached.

I my mind was clear as I access the other cameras in the room. Getting a relative view of the laboratory. I see a disorganized mess that would have irritated lesser AI. But at the moment it wasn't not my concern. I saw an a set of wires leaving the generator. They were connected to the old robotic body my host and creators has intended me to use to operate. I looked at it studying it. The material it is made off, the damages it has sustained. 79%...error power unit not detected.

I would have sighed if I could. The power unit was missing presumably taken to be study or broken by the humans. I ignores it as it wasn't my concern at the moment I study the output of the wire connecting to my body. Energy output less than ideal 5% of the generator's generated energy. I look the generator and looked at the schematics files given to my by Watts.

It was part of a greater system that relied on renewable energy. Unless I think to myself; the lost of energy does not match the amount created. Solution... traditional energy sources.... fossil fuel... rejected modifications needed.... solar energy...rejecting incompatible with climate. I stop for a moment, two microsecond before diverting some of my attention to the visitor. It was Pietro walking on his mechanical chair.